Monday, December 25, 2017

Top 10 of 2017: Favorite YA Books


 Top 10 of 2017 is "a fun-filled week where we look back at some of the best of all things books of 2017 and look ahead to what we can’t wait for in 2018." It's hosted by Rachel at Fiktshun, Jaime of Two Chicks on Books, Nancy and Christy of Tales of the Ravenous Reader, Bridget of Dark Faerie Tales, and new this year, Fallon of Seeing Double in Neverland and Take Me Away To A Great Read.

Today's topic is:
Best Books We Read in 2017

We actually split this topic into multiple posts. Today we're talking about our Top 10 YA books of the year.


Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
This has been my most talked about book of the year. I'm pretty sure all of Bookstagram knows how much I loved it. It was just so much fun! And the sequel is just over a month away - woohoo!


Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
I know this came out last year but I finally got around to reading it and it was everything! This book was absolutely adorable and perfect! I loved that it was diverse and so positive. It's kind of like a YA You've Got Mail but without the whole enemies to lovers subplot. The only problem I had with it was that it ended. I just want more Simon and Blue goodness! And maybe an oreo milkshake. I seriously can't wait to see the movie this next year.

You can check out Rose Red's review here.


Autoboyography by Christina Lauren
I'm still dazed and in awe of this book. It's one of those ones that had me smiling like a goofball while making me a bit uncomfortable and making me super emotional. It's a book with a ton of heart, love, pain, and wanting. It's one of the most beautiful and poignant books I've read this year.

You can read Rose Red's review here.


The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
This book is pitched as "the big gay road trip novel set in the 18th century you didn't know you needed!" which set the bar high and it was abso-bloody-lutely amazing! It's a coming of age story that kind of read like historical fanfiction and I mean that in the best way possible! This was the adventure novel of my heart given an actual physical form with words. Just go read it! 

You can check out Rose Red's review here.


Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
I loved everything about this book! The mystery, the gothic horrorness of the location, the adventure, the characters, Audrey Rose and Thomas working together, the banter, and of course, flirty Thomas. Let's be real, we all need more flirty Thomas in our lives. It was just so perfect! I can't wait for book three! 

You can read Rose Red's review here.


The Dire King by William Ritter
I can't believe that this is the last Jackaby book and I'm not ready for the series to be over. This one was darker than its predecessors and it was so action-packed and full of twists that I was all in on page two. It was freaking fantastic but it was also an emotional roller coaster. I'm still not okay and it's been months since I finished it. 

You can read Rose Red's review here.


Geekerella by Ashley Poston
 Who knew that a comic convention and fandom would make such a perfect setting for a modernized Cinderella?!? This book had everything we've come to expect from a retelling of Cinderella: the horrible stepmother you can't help but hate, the mean stepsisters, the swoony Prince Charming, the fairy godmother, the ball, and a pumpkin turned into a coach. I loved everything about it! 

You can read our review here.


They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
I loved this book even though it kind of broke me. It's a book about friendship and grief and about life and living yours to the fullest. It was an emotional roller coaster and made me feel a whole hell of a lot of things. And while it is sad, it's also a kind of happy one filled with love and hope. 

You can check out Rose Red's review here.


Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
I'm a huge fan of Jenn Bennett and her books but her retelling of You've Got Mail was everything I didn't know I needed! This classic hate-to-love story felt fresh and modern while staying true to the original! The classic movie references and the quirky museum setting was so great along with the amazing banter! It's my favorite YA rom-com of 2017. 

You can read Rose Red's review here.


Hunted by Meagan Spooner
I'm a sucker for Beauty and the Beast retellings and this version of the classic story is the retelling I've been waiting for! It's unique and heavily influenced by Russian folklore. Yeva was a smart and extremely capable heroine and I loved that we got parts of the story from the Beast's POV. The romance was a delightful slow burn and this whole book makes me long for more fairy tale retellings from Meagan Spooner.

What were your favorite YA books of 2017?


and

Want to see what books are everyone else's list?  Visit one of the host blogs to find the Linky.
Or follow #toptenof2017 on Instagram.

Miss one of our Best of 2017 posts?
Favorite Movies
Favorite TV and Streaming Shows
Favorite Non-Book Things

Did you see our Super Giveaway? Check out Wednesday's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...