Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Goldilox and the Top Ten Lists: Books I Wish I Had Read in 2016

2016 has been a crazy year and I know a lot of us just want it to be over. But before we let it go, let's look back at some of the good memories from this year: our favorite books. We've got ten days of top tens headed your way, but today I'm telling you about the books I wish I had read in 2016.


2016 has been an excellent reading year for me! I've almost read 200 books! Unfortunately, despite reading so many books, there are still several I wish that I had been able to get to. I need a time turner to read all the books I wanted to get to this year but these are the ten I really regret not getting to.

Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo
Released September 27, 2016
I KNOW! I don't why I have this one read yet. I think it's a combination of being scared for the characters and not wanting this duology to be over. It's one of the first books I'm going to be reading in the new year.


A Shadow Bright and Burning  (Kingdom on Fire #1) by Jessica Cluess
Released September 20, 2016
This is one of those books that I had heard nothing about and then all of my blogging friends read and loved it. It's about the first female sorcerer in this fantasy world who everyone thinks is the chosen one. She thinks there's some kind of mistake and that she's not the one the prophecy is about. This book is all about her going to train with the kingdom's other sorcerers. It's very much a reverse harem with one girl surrounded by a bunch of guys. I'm all on board with the concept of this book!


Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby #3) by William Ritter
Released August 23, 2016
This is one of those books that I had an ARC for but it got buried in an onslaught of review copies. This series is one of the funnest YA series I've read in recent years and is the paranormal Sherlock series that I didn't know I needed! Abigail and Jackaby get into some interesting situations. It has ghost landladies, houses that are bigger on the inside, shape-shifting kittens, and more. I really need to get this read soon!


Blood Vow (Black Dagger Legacy #2) by J.R. Ward
Released December 6, 2016
I know that this book just came out but I don't have time to read it until after the first of the year because of holiday busyness. It continues the adventures of our new soldier trainees and one of the Brothers. This book has more Rhage and Mary! They're my favorites! In Blood Kiss, Axe was the side character that intrigued me the most and I'm dying to know his backstory. I can't wait to read it when things slow down!


Mission: Improper (London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy #1) by Bec McMaster
Released August 16, 2016
This is another book that I can't believe I haven't read yet since I've been looking forward to more in the London Steampunk world ever since I finished the last book in the main series. AND it's Byrnes' book! I've wanted to know more about him ever since he appeared on the page in the original series. This is another one that I'm hoping to read ASAP.


Time Siege (Time Salvager #2) by Wesley Chu
Released July 12, 2016
I'm a huge mood reader which sometimes throws off my reading of new releases. When this book came out this last summer, I just wasn't in the mood for a sci-fi time travel book which is sad because I really want to know what happens to James and Elise next. Hopefully, I can fit it into my reading schedule soon.


Hope and Red (Empire of Storms #1) by Jon Skovron
Released June 30, 2016
I actually don't know much about this book besides that the author says it's the first book in his swashbuckling kung fu gangster pirate romance trilogy. NINJA GANGSTER PIRATES! That's all I needed to know to buy it. My boyfriend loved it and has been after me to read it for months. Unfortunately, I just haven't been able to fit it into my reading schedule yet.


The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan
Released May 3, 2016
I actually have a good excuse for why I haven't read this one yet. I started reading it and had the realization that I needed to reread the Percy Jackson and the Heroes of Olympus series first. I remember some things but not enough. I'm planning on marathoning both series and this book right before book two comes out. I love Rick Riordan's writing! His books are always fun, adventurous romps with diverse casts. They're the MG/YA books I wish I had had in middle school.


These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks #1) by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
Released February 9, 2016
This book is being marketed as Jane Austen meets X-Men by the authors. How cool does that sound? I bought this book the day it came out but a friend borrowed it and I ust barely got it back. I'm hoping to read it before the sequel comes out next year.


A Gathering of Shadows (A Darker Shade of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab
Released February 23, 2016
Okay. I feel like I need to justify not reading one of my most anticipated books of 2016 by one of my favorite authors. I was told by several book friends that I trust to not read this book until closer to the release date of book 3 because it has a killer cliffhanger. I've been waiting patiently to read it and it's almost time! I might get to this one between Christmas and New Years but if I don't it'll be one of the first few books I read in 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...