Sunday, June 6, 2021

Rose Red's Pride 2021 TBR

Hello! I'm back from our unplanned hiatus! School's out for the summer and do you know what time it is? It's time for Pride month! I can't believe it's already June but here we are! It's become a tradition to post what I plan to be reading for Pride and it was hard to narrow down my list of queer books I wanted to read specifically in June. Because let's be real, I read queer books all year long.

I have a lot of books I want to this month but the ones I am prioritizing reading are:


One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston

Y'all know that I absolutely adored Casey McQuiston's debut novel, Red, White and Royal Blue. Once I heard the premise for her next book I was immediately sold! Time traveling lesbians on the subway! One Last Stop has been compared to a modern queer retelling of Kate and Leopold and I am here for it! I've already started this one and I love it so much!


Soulstar by C.L. Polk

I have had the last book in The Kingston Cycle in my hands for months now but I'm finally in a head space where I'm ready to finish this series. I am dying to find out how this series wraps up and I can't wait to learn more about Robin and Clan Thorpe.

 

Yes, Daddy by Jonathan Parks-Rampage

I've been trying to expand my queer reading beyond romance and urban fantasy so I joined an online book club, #QueerForLit hosted by @IansReads. This month's pick is Yes, Daddy which is a queer thriller that I don't know much about besides that. I ended up requesting it on Netgalley so I'll be posting a review for it as soon as I get it read.


Hang the Moon by Alexandria Bellefleur

I read Written in the Stars last fall and I absolutely adored it! While I was reading it, I was dying to know more about Darcy's brother. I'm so excited to read his story and hope to get to it soon.


The Queer Principles of Kit Webb by Cat Sebastian

I don't even know what this book is really about but I know it's by Cat Sebastian and has a reformed highway man as a main character. And honestly, that's all I need to know to pick this book up. 

The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta

Our school does a summer book club with our students and the book they picked for June is The Black Flamingo. I'm excited to read this book! I've heard nothing but awesome things about this story about figuring out who you are and where you belong.

 

Black Water Sister by Zen Cho 

This is an urban fantasy novel about a closeted lesbian who moves back to Malaysia and starts to hear the voice of her dead grandmother. This book was billed as a fantasy with "Grannies and Gangsters" and I was sold. This is one of my review books I need to catch up on.

An Echo in the Sorrow by Hailey Turner

This is one of my most anticipated books of the year that I am scared to read because it is going to be a punch in the feels. This is the second to last book in the series and I'm nervous because things are about to get real.

Playing the Palace by Paul Rudnick

I am a sucker for a queer royal romances after reading RWRB so I'm excited to read this one between the Prince of Wales and a New York event planner. It sounds super cute! I haven't seen much about this one but what I have seen has been positive.

What books are you planning to read in June?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...