Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Release Day Review: Wild Sign by Patricia Briggs


Wild Sign
(Alpha & Omega #6)
Patricia Briggs
Release: March 16, 2021
Goodreads Amazon
Mated werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham must discover what could make an entire community disappear — before it's too late — in this thrilling entry in the #1 New York Times bestselling Alpha and Omega series.

In the wilds of the Northern California mountains, all the inhabitants of a small town have gone missing. It's as if the people picked up and left everything they owned behind. Fearing something supernatural might be going on, the FBI taps a source they've consulted in the past: the werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham. But Charles and Anna soon find a deserted town is the least of the mysteries they face.

Death sings in the forest, and when it calls, Charles and Anna must answer. Something has awakened in the heart of the California mountains, something old and dangerous — and it has met werewolves before.

Review:
Disclaimer: This review will be spoiler free, but does reference events in previous books in both the  Mercy Thompson and Alpha & Omega series. If you're not caught up on either series, I recommend this reading order provided by the author on her website.

Every year one of my most anticipated books is the new Patrica Briggs Mercyverse book. I'm so excited that this year's book is back to Charles and Anna and I am here for it! I have missed Charles and Anna and their crazy adventures keeping the werewolves (and by extension, humans) safe. This newest installment in the Alpha & Omega series was a ride! 

I thought to read a couple of chapters before bed and the next thing I knew it was 2am and I had finished the entire book. I should know better by now than to start a Patricia Briggs book before bed because once I start reading I can't stop. And let me tell you that once you start Wild Sign you won't want to stop till you run out of pages and even then you will want more.

Charles and Anna are brought in to investigate the disappearance of an entire town that just happened to have been built on land that belongs to Leah, the Marrok's mate. And Tag gets to tag along for the ride and what they discover is that everything is not what it seems around the empty town of Wild Sign. I loved seeing how far Charles and Anna have grown into their mating and their love for each other! But what I wasn't anticipating was how fun it was to watch them interact as friends with Tag! It's a side of both dominant wolves that we don't often get to see. And they meet up with some of Tag's old friends who made me yell "NO WAY!" at my kindle.

This far into the series I don't want to say too much about the plot because so much is spoilery especially after the betrayal in Burn Bright. The mystery in this book was intense and I had to know what would happen next. I wasn't able to guess any of how it ended. The most exciting thing about this book is that we learned more Leah's backstory and it was so much sadder than I anticipated. Y'all! It made me cry. We even got to learn how Leah and the Marrok became mated.

I know this book just barely came out but I'm dying to get my hands on the next one after that ending! I need to know more! This is hands down my favorite Patricia Briggs book published in the last few years. It was a roller coaster of emotions and I kind of want to reread it again even though I just finished it. And that cover! It is absolutely gorgeous! 

The events in this book have consequences for both series and I'm intrigued to see what it does to this world. I think it's really going to shake things up.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley


    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...