Tuesday, May 5, 2020

#Romanceopolyathon and April Reading Challenge Recap



We're doing our challenge recap a few days late in order to include our results for Romanceopolyathon, which ended on May 3. Here's how we did in the readathon as well as the rest of our reading challenges:

Romanceopolyathon

The readathon lasted one week and we had 7 prompts that we need to fulfill! Each of the books had to complete a board challenge can count for multiple prompts.

Romanceopolyathon Prompts:
1 – Cover has same color as the challenge square (if it’s a non-street or corner, pick black or white on the cover)⁠
2 – Recommended to you⁠
3 – Already on your bookshelf or TBR⁠
4 – Debut or new to you author or series⁠
5 – Longest title on your TBR⁠
6 – Animal(s) on the cover⁠
7 – Standalone⁠

You can see our original TBRs in this post.
Here's what we actually read:

Gretl

I deviated from my TBR on the very first day and wound up only reading one of the books I originally planned on. But I still completed all the prompts and filled 6 more squares on my board.
Here's what I read for the readathon:

✔️Oath Sworn by KN Banet
Square: The Bar - Set in a place you’ve lived
Prompts: Debut or new to you author or series
✔️Family and Honor by KN Banet
Square: City Lane - UF published in last 5 years
Prompt: Cover same color as challenge square
✔️Broken Loyalty by KN Banet
Square: Library - Free Choice
Prompt: Animals on the cover
✔️If I Only Had a Duke by Lenora Bell
Square: The Cobbles - Historical with 5 or more words in title
Prompts: Longest title on TBR
✔️Blame It on the Duke by Lenora Bell
Square: Past Eaves - Historical Fiction
Prompt: Already on your TBR
✔️Tikka Chance on Me by Suleika Snyder
Square: Coffee Shop - Recommended to you/ Foodie words in title
Prompts: Recommended to you, Standalone

Rose Red

I deviated from my TBR a bit with my Outer Space book and I changed up which challenges I went for. I didn't complete all the books on my list but I am kind of proud that I mostly stuck to the TBR I set. I did complete all the prompts and filled 3 squares on my board. And I'm over halfway through a fourth book/challenge that I will hopefully finish soon.
Here's what I read for the readathon:

✔️His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare
Square: BFF's House- Read a Best Friends Sibling Romance
Prompts: Standalone, Animal on the Cover, Recommended to You

✔️Check, Please! Book 2: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
Square: Farmer's Market- Read a Romance Where the H/H Works in the Food Industry
Prompts: Longest Title on TBR, Already on Your Shelf/TBR
✔️Jailmates by Lesli Richardson
Square: Outer Space- Read a Sci-Fi Book with an Alien or Cyborg Character
Prompts: Cover the Same Color as the Challenge Square, Debut or New-To-You Author/Series

Romanceopoly


Gretl
Before the readathon, I completed 2 more Romanceopoly squares.
✔️Killer Crescent - Thriller w/ Detective or PI MC
Something Blue by Emma Jameson
✔️Post Office - Romance that started online
Fake It Til You Make It by Anne Harper

Coming Up:
➖Lady Lane: Women’s Fiction
Betwixt by Darynda Jones
➖Sleuth Street - Mystery w/ “Death words” in the title
Naked in Death by JD Robb
➖The Gym: Longest Book on your TBR/ Bangin Body on cover
➖Beau Blvd - YA by new to you author
Rose Red
The only challenges I completed this month were the ones I read for the readathon. I stuck mostly with rereads this month because of the covid craziness.

✔️BFF's House- Read a Best Friends Sibling Romance
His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare

✔️Farmer's Market- Read a Romance Where the H/H Works in the Food Industry
Check, Please! Book 2: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
✔️Outer Space- Read a Sci-Fi Book with an Alien or Cyborg Character
Jailmates by Lesli Richardson

Coming Up:
➖Spring- Read a Book Where It: Has a green or yellow cover; Has flowers on the cover; Has the word ‘Spring’ in the title; Where the hero or heroine is a gardener or farmer; Or all of/any combination/any one of the above!
➖Post Office- Read an Epistolary Romance
I'm currently listening to This Is How You Lose the Time War by Max Gladstone and Amal El-Motar on audio for this challenge. I just haven't been commuting so I haven't been listening to my book.
➖Passion Place- Read an Erotic BDSM Romance
I started Docile by K.M. Szpara for the readathon and I'm going to finish it for this challenge.


Gretl
I’m playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 6 squares this month:

Social Media Made Me Read It: Erstwhile by HE Trent
Murder Mystery: Something Blue by Emma Jameson
Love Triangle: Wager by HE Trent
Author Shares Your Initials: Breaking the Billionaire’s Rules by Annika Martin
Black and White Cover: Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen
Good Book Bad Cover: Oath Sworn by KN Banet

Rose Red
I completed 3 squares on my Bingo Board this month.

Beat the Backlist Bingo
Book with Less Than 200 Pages- His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare
Written Before 2010- Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
Book You Never Finished Before- Jailmates by Lesli Richardson

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
Wild Invitation by Nalini Singh 
Whisper of Sin by Nalini Singh
Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
Caressed by Ice by Nalini Singh
Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh
Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh
Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh
Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh
Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh
Secrets at Midnight by Nalini Singh
Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh
Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh
Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh
Allegiance of Honor by Nalini Singh
Wild Embrace by Nalini Singh
Silver Silence by Nalini Singh
Ocean Light by Nalini Singh
Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh
Claimings, Tales and Other Alien Artifacts by Lyn Gala
Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities by Lyn Gala
Affiliations, Aliens, and Other Profitable Pursuits by Lyn Gala
Expeditions, Estimates, and Other Dangerous Pastimes by Lyn Gala
The Mercenary's Mate by C.W. Gray

Library Love Challenge


Gretl

I’ve read 16 library books so far this year on a goal of 36.
This month I read:
Breaking the Billionaire’s Rules by Annika Martin
Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen
If I Only Had a Duke by Lenora Bell
Blame It On the Duke by Lenora Bell


Tackle My TBR



Unfortunately, I didn't read any books for my Tackle My TBR Challenge this month with all of my rereads. I will try to catch up and do April's New-To-Me Author Prompt in May.

What did you all read this last month?

 and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...