Friday, March 13, 2020

Weres Wanna Know: What New-To-You Authors Do You Want to Read Soon?


While doing Romanceopoly last year, I discovered several new-to-me authors that quickly became favorites and I rediscovered my love for historical romances. I finally read authors like Diana Wynne Jones, Morgan Brice/Gail Z. Martin, K.B. Wagers, Sarah MacLean and Cat Sebastian and now get all the hype behind their books. I read several debut authors like Casey McQuiston and Jessie Mihalik and loved them so much that I can't wait to read more of their books. Successfully branching out last year gave me the motivation to try to read even more new-to-me authors this year. So I made a list. Surprisingly, it's a rather long list that I think will take me a couple years to actually get through. But I've prioritized reading at least one book from the following authors this year. I don't think I'll get to all of them but I want to.

TJ Klune
 Whenever I'm looking for more queer books to read, TJ Klune's name all pops up on the list so I decided that 2020 will finally be the year I read a book by him. This one is kind of cheating to list here because I've already read a book by this author this year. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of his book, The House in the Cerulean Sea, from Tor Books. And all I can say is that I want to read more of his work because that book was freaking fantastic!

Tessa Dare
2019 is the year I fell back in love with historical romances. Tessa Dare is one of the big authors of the genre that my friends are always telling me to read. The big question is: Where do I start with her stuff? I have the first book in her Castles Ever After series and the first couple books in her Girl Meets Duke series on my kindle. Which should I read first?

Charlaine Harris
I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't read anything by Charlaine Harris. I know Gretl loves her Sookie Stackhouse books but her Midnight, Texas series sounds like it will be more up my alley. Plus, it's already on my kindle. Hopefully 2020 is the year that I finally read Harris.

Mariana Zapata
Mariana Zapata is a name I've been hearing around the book community for years and its been nothing but praises for her books. I've always been interested in reading her stuff but I've just never made the time for them. I even own Kulti and The Wall of Winnipeg and Me on ebook and I've still haven't picked them up. If you've read Zapata, which book of her's should I read first?

Corey J. White
I'm slowly making my way through my backlog of tor.com novellas I've bought over the last few years and one of the authors I haven't read yet is Corey J. White. So many of my sci-fi reading book friends have adored his Voidwitch Saga and I'm intrigued to pick it up. I was sold once I heard psychic supersoldier on the run. I'm always up for a good sci-fi book featuring kickass ladies.

Those are the five authors I'm prioritizing this year but I might switch them out with some of the other new-to-me authors I want to try in the near future. I have my fingers crossed that I love all of them as much as I think I will. My only concern is that I don't know who to pick up first. Any thoughts on which of these five authors I should read first?

What new-to-you authors do you want to read this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...