Friday, January 3, 2020

2019 Challenge Recap




After the Great Reading Slump of 2018, we were a little worried about how our 2019 reading challenges would go. We're happy to say that we killed it this year! Which was a huge relief to us. We posted our Romanceopoly Wrap-Up yesterday so we're covering the rest of our challenges today.

To see which challenges we're doing in 2020, check out this post.

Goodreads

Gretl
After having to repeatedly lower my Goodreads goal last year, it was so exciting to blow it away in 2019. My goal was 104 and I wound up at 154 or 48% over my goal. I read The Governess Affair by Courtney Milan on New Year's Eve, which isn't reflected in the graphic. I read a lot of books that I didn't have to review this year, which helped with the blogger burnout. (My Netgalley shelf is not so happy though.)

Rose Red
My Goodreads goal for 2019 started out at 52 books and a few months in I increased it to 104 books. I was able to read 105 books total! Thank you manga and Romanceopoly for helping me hit my updated goal! The first book I read last year was The Gentleman's Guide to Getting Lucky by Mackenzi Lee and the last book I read of 2019 was Brazen and the Beast by Sarah MacLean.

Library Love

http://angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/12/sign-up-open-2019-library-love-challenge/

Gretl
My goal was Dewey Decimal - 12 books.
I wound up reading 40 library books, which qualifies as for Overdrive Junkie. Thanks Romanceopoly for getting me started on those historicals.

Beat the Backlist

https://www.novelknight.com/btb2019/

Gretl 
My original goal was 24 and I read 71 backlist books. That was about 46% of my total books. I'd like to get that up to 50% for 2020.

Rose Red
My goal for Beat the Backlist 2019 was to read 30 books. I ended up reading 54 which accounted for 53% of my reading for last year. I'm really happy with how well I did with this challenge this year!

How did you all do with your reading challenges?


 
and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...