Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Try a Chapter #2


I have been in an endless loop of wanting to reread Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston over and over again. It's just SO good, guys! It's totally my bookish catnip. I've already reread it four times since the middle of April and I catch something new each time. I love it so much! But as much as I would love to reread it again, I really should read something new.

It's been a while since I've had to result to using the Try a Chapter method but this seems like a good time to give it a go again. The Try a Chapter method is pretty simple. I choose a certain number of books off my TBR pile and read the first chapter of each. After reading each one, I'll decide whether or not I want to continue with the book.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I want to read so I'm going to read the first chapter of the following four books. I'll write my thoughts on each one and then I'll rank the books from the one I want to read the most to the most meh of the bunch. Let's get started shall we!


The Books

 A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe by Alex White
This is my book club's pick of the month. And guys! This book has space witches in it! I've only read the first chapter but I am intrigued! I can already tell that I am going to love the combination of magic and sci-fi in this book. The first chapter is a race and I'm all sorts of impatient to know more about how integrating magic and tech works.

I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver
So... I sat down to read the first chapter of this book and never stopped. It was the first book I picked up for this post and I'm happy to say that it is completely worth all the hype. I'm going to write a review for it so keep your eyes open for that if I haven't already posted it.

In the Middle of Somewhere by Roan Parrish
I'm apparently in a contemporary romance mood because, like the previous book, I sat down to read the first chapter and didn't stop until I was done with the whole thing. I'm still trying to decide whether I'm going to do a full review for this story but I really enjoyed it. I haven't read a Roan Parrish book I haven't liked/loved yet.

Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I love this author duo and the first chapter has me hooked! I want to know more about the Aurora Academy and how the Hadfield ended up how it did. I know I'm going to love this one once I let myself sit down and read it. I feel like it's going to be a one sitting type of book when I finally sit down to continue it.

The Final Ranking


I want to continue on and read all of these books so they'll be next up on my TBR if I haven't finished them. Since I sat down and read both in the same sitting, I'm going to rank I Wish You All the Best first and In the Middle of Somewhere second. I loved both of these and I can't wait to discuss them with everyone! A Big Ship and Aurora Rising are neck and neck in terms of my interest in the story but I'm going to place Big Ship in third and Aurora Rising in fourth. I'm excited to continue both of them to find out what happens next but Big Ship will be the first one I'll read because book club is coming up fast.

What books are up next on your TBR?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...