Wednesday, April 10, 2019

We Love Lists: Series I Need To Catch Up On In 2019


I love series! I will almost always choose a series over a standalone novel. But as much as I love them, sometimes I just get behind on them even though I don't want to. And sometimes, I can't bring myself to read the last book in a series because I just don't want to admit to myself that it's over and I'll have no more books after I read that last book. One of the goals I have for myself with my reading is to catch up on as many series as I can in 2019. So to hold myself accountable, I made a list. So let's talk about the series I really want to read this year.

The Elder Races Series by Thea Harrison
 I've had almost all of the Elder Races books on my kindle for years now and I finally picked it up this year. I've been binge reading it and I've been enjoying it! I'm a little over halfway through. Actually, I have three books and about seven novellas left and I'll be all caught up. I'm intrigued to see where this series go and hopefully there will be more books in this series in the future.
The Custard Protocol by Gail Carriger
 I'm not too far behind on this series but I still want to read this book before the final book comes out in August. I actually have plans to read this book this month for Romanceopoly. I loved the first two books in this series from Prudence's POV but I'm so excited that this book is from Prim's POV! I can't wait to read it! I have a ship and I really want to see that ship sail in this book.

Midnight Breed: Hunter Legacy Series by Lara Adrian
 This series is kind of the black sheep of this list because I actually haven't started it. It's the companion series to a series I adore so I'm lumping as part of that one! I've really been meaning to read this series about the Gen One vamps from Dragos' breeding program. I'm so intrigued by the ones we've met in the original series that I can't wait to read about more in this companion series.

The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne
I know. I know! I can't believe I haven't read this last book in the Iron Druid Chronicles. I feel like a failure of a fan. But in my defense, I haven't been ready to say goodbye to Atticus, Oberon, and Granuile. I'm intrigued to see how everything wraps up for this series but it's going to be a sad thing too. Good thing Kevin Hearne has announced a spin-off series so we don't have to say goodbye to the Iron Druid world just yet.

The Montague Siblings by Mackenzi Lee
I blame last year's reading slump for this book being on this list. It was one of my most anticipated books of 2018 but reading slumps have been known to derail the best laid plans. I'm still super excited to read Felcity's book but it might be a bit until I get to it. I still want to read it before the end of the year though.

Once Upon a Con series by Ashley Poston
I know this is a fairly new release but I'm so excited to read it! It's a modern day Prince and the Pauper retelling and that's something I never knew I needed in my life! I loved how Ash Poston included fandom in Geekerella and I'm excited to see how she handles it in this book.

The Timekeeper Series by Tara Sim
I know! I know! This series is still on my list but I'm honestly kind of scared of it. I know I'm going to love it but it's going to put me through the wringer. I will get this read this year. I'm just waiting until I have several days off in a row so I can be a mess at home alone.

The Indranan War Series by K.B. Wagers
This is another series that I started earlier this year thanks to book club but loved it so much that I want to read the whole thing by the end of the year! I loved Hail and her companions and I can't wait to see what shenanigans they get into in the next two books in this trilogy.

The Night Prince Series by Jeaniene Frost
 *Sighs* Yes. Yet another series that I still haven't finished. I don't know why I haven't read this last book other than I don't want it to be over. I still haven't read the Ian book yet either and I feel like I need to read this one before that one. Hopefully, I get to this one and the Ian book this year so I can be caught up on Jeaniene Frost's books.

The Hidden Legacies Series by Ilona Andrews
I'm not very behind in this series but I need to read the novella that transitions the narrative from Nevada in the original trilogy to Catalina in the new trilogy. I don't know why I haven't read this. I adore Ilona Andrews' books. It's not even a big commitment to read and I'm excited to see where the series goes with Catalina at the helm. This is definitely one I want to get to soon.

What series do you want to catch up on this year?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...