Friday, July 6, 2018

2018 Reading Challenge Update: Mid-Year Check-In


Can you believe that we're halfway through 2018 already? We can't, but since we're here we thought we'd check-in and update you with where we are with our reading challenges.



Rose Red
My Beat the Backlist goal for this year is to read 24 books (two per month) so I should have 12 books read off my physical TBR pile right now. I'm at 9 read right now. I think that's great considering I'm just getting out of a two month reading slump. I'm a bit behind but I can easily catch up with one really good reading month. These are the books I've read for the challenge so far.


My unofficial goal with this reading challenge is to get my physical TBR pile down to 200. After reading a few and culling others, I have 265 physical unread books on my shelves which is five down from the 270 I started the year with. Considering I've bought 25 books (5 read and 2 DNFed) to add to that since the first of the year, I'm not doing bad at all at getting/keeping my TBR pile down. I did cull/unhaul/DNF 24 books from my TBR over the last six months so that feels good.

Gretl
My Beat the Backlist goal is to read at least 2 books a month and I'm a little bit ahead of that with 14 books so far. I haven't done a great job of reading the books that were already on my TBR shelves. Only 2 of them are old Kindle freebies and 1 is a reread. Mostly they've come from the library and Kindle Unlimited. I still need to work on my ARC backlog in the second half of the year.
 Here's what I've read so far:


Rose Red
My 2018 Goodreads Reading Challenge is to read 52 books and I have currently completed 32 which makes me six books ahead of my challenge. I'm hoping to not only complete my challenge, but actually read 100 books. I really need to step up my reading pace if I'm going to do that. Here's what I've read so far this year!


Gretl
My Goodreads goal is 120 books, which is a little more than I've read the last few years. I'm currently at 51 books read, or 10 behind schedule. (I had almost caught up, but had to take some time off reading because of pain in my wrists.) Here's what I've read so far:

Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12) Hotline to Hell Boundary Born (Boundary Magic, #3) Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1) Boundary Lines (Boundary Magic, #2) The Mermaid
The Serpent Viking Flame (The Afótama Legacy #3) The Chieftain's Daughter (The Afótama Legacy #2) The Viking Queen's Men (The Afótama Legacy #1) Stray Magic (Strays, #1) Carniepunk: Freak House
All-American Cowboy (Holiday, Texas #1) Heart of Fire (Alice Worth #2) Outbreak (Nightshades, #3) Bitten Under Fire Don't Cheat Me (Nora Jacobs, #2) Blood Money (An Alice Worth Series Novella)
Switchback (Nightshades, #2) The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1) Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1) The Hero Within (Burned Lands, #3) Undead Girl Gang Royals
Publish and Perish Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock, #12) X-Ops Exposed Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3) Hate to Want You (Forbidden Hearts, #1) Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2)
Risen (Blood Eternal, #1) Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17) How to Save an Undead Life (Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #1) Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1) Barbarian Prince (Dragon Lords, #1) Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)
The Myth Manifestation (SPI Files, #5) Lake Silence (The Others, #6) The Big Bad Wolf Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #0.5) The Wolf Lord (Ars Numina, #3) That Killer Smile (Bite Nights #3)
Storm of Desire (Legends of the Storm, #2) The Emerald Lily (Vampire Blood, #4) Thanks Fur Last Night Blood Veil (Mission, #2) Bad for the Boss: A BWAM Office Romance (Just For Him, #1) Zero Hour (Wired & Dangerous, #1)
Don't Rush Me (Nora Jacobs, #1) Lions and Tigers and Boys



This is actually more a blogging challenge than a reading challenge. (But no one wants to read two challenge update posts, right?) The Discussion Challenge is hosted by Nicole at  Feed Your Fiction Addiction and Shannon at It Starts at Midnight. It includes a monthly link up post to share your discussions.
We're going for Creative Conversationalist with a goal of posting one discussion every month. We've done 7 Weres Wanna Know posts so far this year so we're on track for the year even though we didn't post one in June.

Here they are in case you missed any:
Is Anyone Else Confused About New Adult?
Do you read more backlist or new releases?
Gateway Books and Reading Histories 
How do you diversify your TBR?
When do you get rid of books?
How Does Your Environment Affect Your Reading Choices?
 How Do You Organize Your TBR?

You can also follow the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2018.

How are you doing on your reading challenges? 



and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...