Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Rose Red's Overly Ambitious 2018 Pride Month TBR


Every year during Pride I try to read as many queer/LGBTQIA+ books as I can. Last year, my Pride reading month turned into a Pride reading summer and it was glorious! I read so many amazing books like Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and the Whyborne & Griffin series that quickly became favorites that I now recommend to everyone. 

I want to repeat last year's success this year so I've made a TBR of a some of the queer books on my shelves that I want to read this year for Pride. Of course, I'll be reading and reviewing some Yaoi manga this month but other than a couple rereads like Long Way everything will be new to me stuff. 

I'm not going to go through and say something about each of these because it's a long list. Realistically, I probably won't get to most of these in June but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get to all of them by the end of the summer. So here's all the queer books I want to read for Pride.

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers

A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers

Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie

Romancing the Inventor by Gail Carriger

Killing Gravity by Corey J. White

The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths and Magic by F.T. Lukens


The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic

Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente

Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig

American Hippo by Sarah Gailey

Running with Lions by Julian Winters

How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis

Those are the books I want to read this month for Pride. I'm always up for more recommendations if you have them! Just leave them in the comments!

Are you reading any queer books for Pride?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...