Friday, March 23, 2018

Weres Wanna Know: When do you get rid of books?


There are lots rules for cleaning out your closet, like "if you haven't worn it in a year, get rid of it." But that's totally unreasonable when it comes to cleaning out your bookcase. I mean, do you know anyone who could get through their TBR in a year?

But in the spirit of Spring Cleaning, I've been thinking about getting rid of some books. *gasp* I don’t read physical books as much as I used to. The Kindle app is just so convenient! But it means that I have paperbacks I haven’t touched in quite a while. I still have two boxes of books from when I moved six years ago! (Did I mention I only have two bookcases?) 

There are some series I quit reading like BDB, Argeneau, and Love at Stake. And there are some series I finished, but haven't really thought of rereading like Jocelyn Drake's Nightwalker and the Jill Kismet series by Lilith Saintcrow. But I’m hesitant to get rid of them because they have sentimental value since they're some of the first books I bought when I started reading UF/PNR.

I also quit reading Anita Blake but I've been thinking about looking back at the early books for a post on the Reverse Harem trend. So how can I be sure I'm not going to need those other books for something later?

And then there are two entire shelves of YA hardcovers that I’ve never read. They’re from subscription boxes or they were great deals. But some I might never read. How long do I keep them? Maybe until I need the shelf space? And how do I know which ones I’m not going to read. OK,  there’s one where the author was recently named as a serial harasser so that’s a definite no. But when you’re a mood reader, it’s tough to predict future moods. I’m stressed out just thinking about it!

So help me out folks! 

When do you get rid of books?


We’re participating in the 2018 Discussion Challenge hosted by It Starts at Midnight and Feed Your Fiction Addiction. Check out all the March discussions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...