Wednesday, March 21, 2018

We Love Lists: Authors You Should Follow Even If You Don't Read Their Books


Looking through my social media accounts recently, I realized that I follow a lot of authors that I've never read. Most are of the "I fully intend to read that book one day" variety, but there are some that just post cool stuff.

 Here are a few of our favorite authors we think you should follow even if you don't read their books.

On Twitter:
Rachel Hawkins (@LadyHawkins)
I have a copy of Hawkins's upcoming release Royals that I'll be reviewing right here on the blog next month, but I started following her for Sexy History. She breaks down historical events by who was sleeping with whom. It's like a soap opera with gifs. Way more fun than any of my history classes ever were.




Cherie Priest (@cmpriest)
I loved Priest's Cheshire Red books, but I haven't read any of her newer ones. I mostly follow her because she has the best pet photos! And she has both dogs and cats so there's something for everyone.

Mackenzi Lee (@themackenzilee)
Lee released a new book called Bygone Badass Broads last month. But it started out on Twitter. She's also the author of one our fave books of 2017. And she's writing a YA Loki book, which I'm eagerly awaiting more news on.



Stephen Blackmoore (@sblackmoore)
Blackmoore writes daily horoscopes better than any you'll find in Cosmo.


Delilah S. Dawson (@delilahsdawson)
I actually love her books but Dawson also gives writing advice almost every day, as well as tips for navigating Cons. And she talks about Star Wars a lot.


On Instagram:
We need some recs for more interesting Instagrams. But here are a couple faves:

Kerri Maniscalco (@kerrimaniscalco)
I love her photos because they're simple but unexpected. 


Sarah Andersen (@sarahandersencomics)
Rose Red's reviewed some of the Sarah Scribbles books here on the blog. The author also posts comics on Instagram.


Tahereh Mafi (@taherehmafi)
If you love fashion as well as books, follow her. She has a great wardrobe and great quality pics. Also check out Ransom Riggs since they're all over each other feeds. His is a little more travel-focused though.


Who are your favorite authors to follow and why?


Did you know you can follow us on Twitter? We have a new blog account @threeweres.
We're also on Instagram @goldiloxandthethreeweres.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...