Thursday, January 18, 2018

Rose Red's Beginner's Guide to Anime, Part Two


Woo! Part Two of my Beginner's Guide to Anime is here! I'm have four more series to recommend for those who want to get into anime but don't know where to start. If you missed out on Part One, you can find it here. My next anime post will be Part Three of this series and will be all about the best anime movies to start with as a newbie. Let's talk about more anime shows, shall we?

A Note On Anime Streaming: You don't need a subscription to watch most of these animes. As long as you don't mind watching ads, you can stream this whole list on Crunchyroll or Funimation for FREE!


Noragami
Episodes: 25 + 4 OVAs
Synopsis

Noragami is an anime about a minor god who wishes to be a major god with his own shrine and a human girl who winds up sucked into the world of the paranormal when she suffers an accident that has a side effect that causes her soul to literally slip out of her body at random times. I fell head over heels in love with this anime with its gods and spirits who turn into weapons. It has a little bit of everything but it's done in a way that makes it one of those animes that you seriously can't stop watching once you start. I love the characters and the way the story invests in their growth. We get each character's personal backstory while still having a plot that involves all the characters. It has tons of humor that doesn't down play the seriousness of the plot or the characters. It's SO good, guys! I need them to make a Season 3 so badly! I'll just have to content myself with catching up with the manga for now.

 Can Be Watched On:
Crunchyroll (Only Season 1)


Haikyu!!
Episodes: 60 + an OVA
Synopsis

Look another sports anime made my Beginner's Guide! Haikyu!! is an volleyball anime where the characters are the main reason to watch the show. There is seriously something to love about almost every character and I love their interactions! The friendships in this show are just amazing to watch grow and develop. Haikyu!! has a large cast of characters but that aspect of the show is handled SO well. The match scenes are pretty intense and awesome to watch. Plus, it has a ton of episodes if you're in the mood for a substantial binge watch. I've been holding out on watching Season 3 because I'm not ready to be out of episodes yet. I have my fingers crossed that 2018 is the year they announce a Season 4.

Can Be Watched On: 
Hulu



The Ancient Magus' Bride
Episodes: 24 + a 3 Episode OVA series
Synopsis

The Ancient Magus' Bride is the only anime in this guide that's still currently airing. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's dark, whimsical, and a delightfully magical journey as we watch the main character, Chise, find her place in the world as a Sleigh Beggy and a mage in training after she is bought at auction by the mage Elias Ainsworth. I love this anime so much! And we're only to episode 14 of a 24 epsiode Season 1. There are dragons and fairies and even a King of Cats. I love watching Elias and Chise interact and how their relationship dynamic changes as the season progresses. And the secondary characters are amazing! I adore Ruth so much! I can't recommend this anime enough. The story is fascinating and the animation is absolutely gorgeous! 

Can Be Watched On:
  

Recovery of an MMO Junkie
Episodes: 10 + an OVA
Synopsis

I have never related more to an anime character than I have to Moriko Morioka from Recovery of an MMO Junkie. Moriko has left the stressful corporate world to become a NEET which, in her case, is someone who stays home all day and plays video games. We follow her as she starts an new online game and the friendships she makes. I loved watching her navigate her way online and in meeting her online friends in real life. This anime quickly become one of my favorites of the fall 2017 anime season. It's adorable and relatable and was way too short for my liking. I need a second season like I need air. Actually, I want several more seasons if we're being honest. Also, I need the web manga to be translated into English, please and thank you!

Can Be Watched On: 

That wraps up the TV anime recs portion of this guide. Is there any animes I missed that you'd recommend for a newbie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...