Monday, July 3, 2017

Release Day Review: Drakon's Plunder by N.J. Walters


35395029Drakon's Plunder
(Blood of the Drakon #3)
N.J. Walters
Release: July 3, 2017
Goodreads Amazon
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Life is not going well for archaeologist Sam Bellamy. She's stuck in the middle of the ocean on a salvage boat with people who want her dead. It wasn't her gift for being able to sense objects of power that got her here, rather her need to make a secret society called the Knights of the Dragon pay for killing her mentor. Sam doesn't believe in dragons, but the Knights do, and if she can get one of the sacred artifacts they're searching for away from them, she'll consider it payback.

Ezra Easton is content to run his marine salvage company and live alone on his private island. He may be a four-thousand-year-old water drakon, but he's civilized enough to know just because he pulls an injured woman from the ocean, doesn't mean he gets to keep her...

When she wakes up, she has a few tall tales to share, and it seems the Knights are after her. But this drakon won't give up his treasure.
Review:

This is the second time in as many weeks I've picked up a book three in a series because, "ooh, dragons!" I must be in a mood. Drakon's Plunder worked out a little bit better for me than the other book, but watch for that review in a few weeks.

I loved the idea of an archaeologist hunting mystical artifacts and being hunted in turn by a secret society. And a dragon salvager gathering treasure for his horde - love! Those parts of the plot did not disappoint and I didn't feel like I missed too much by starting in the middle of the series.

I was surprised by how little action (outside the bedroom) there was given those elements though. And I thought it was odd that Sam and Ezra interact with so few other characters. The couples from previous books do appear, but only on the phone.

Still I enjoyed Drakon's Plunder. It reminds me of Julie Ann Walker's Deep Six series, which I love, but with dragons. (That connection may be what had me expecting a more action packed story.) I'm interested enough in the series story line that I'll probably check out the earlier books. I'll definitely pick up the next one which looks to feature Ezra's brother Nic.

Recommended for fans of: dragon and shifter romances


   1/2 
3.5  stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...