Monday, December 5, 2016

Really Short Reviews: The VIP Series by Kristen Callihan



Idol
(VIP #1)
Kristen Callihan
Release: June 6, 2016
Goodreads Amazon
Libby

I found Killian drunk and sprawled out on my lawn like some lost prince. With the face of a god and the arrogance to match, the pest won’t leave. Sexy, charming, and just a little bit dirty, he’s slowly wearing me down, making me crave more.

He could be mine if I dare to claim him. Problem is, the world thinks he’s theirs. How do you keep an idol when everyone is intent on taking him away?

Killian

As lead singer for the biggest rock band in the world, I lived a life of dreams. It all fell apart with one fateful decision. Now everything is in shambles.

Until Liberty. She’s grouchy, a recluse—and kind of cute. Scratch that. When I get my hands on her, she is scorching hot and more addictive than all the fans who’ve screamed my name.

The world is clamoring for me to get back on stage, but I’m not willing to leave her. I’ve got to find a way to coax the hermit from her shell and keep her with me. Because, with Libby, everything has changed. Everything.

Review:
I have a confession to make... this was the first rockstar romance I've ever read. Crazy, right? I didn't know what to expect going in but I completely fell in love with the characters. Libby is grumpy and introverted and I completely adore her! To be honest, she won my heart the minute she hosed Killian off.

My favorite thing about this book? The banter! OMG! The banter! I laughed so many times while reading this. It was just delightful! The story was cute, the characters were fun, and the romance was hot and full of chemistry. I didn't think I would but I enjoyed the heck out of the band and touring parts of the story. It was fascinating to see the relationship that Killian and his bandmates have with each other and with their fans.

If you've been looking for a hilarious New Adult book, then you don't have to look any further. This book is the one for you.

   
  4 / 5 Stars



Managed
(VIP #2)
Kristen Callihan
Release: November 14, 2016
It started off as a battle of wits. Me: the ordinary girl with a big mouth against Him: the sexy bastard with a big...ego.

I thought I’d hit the jackpot when I was upgraded to first class on my flight to London.

That is until HE sat next to me. Gabriel Scott: handsome as sin, cold as ice. Nothing and no one gets to him. Ever. He’s a legend in his own right, the manager of the biggest rock band in the world, and an arrogant ass who looks down his nose at me.

I thought I’d give him hell for one, long flight. I didn’t expect to like him. I didn’t expect to want him. But the biggest surprise? He wants me too. Only in a way I didn’t see coming.

If I accept his proposal, I leave myself open to falling for the one man I can’t manage. But I’m tempted to say yes. Because the real man beneath those perfect suits and that cool façade just might be the best thing that’s ever happened to me. And I just might be the only one who can melt the ice around his heart.

Let the battle begin…

Review:
When I heard that Scottie was the hero in this book, I nearly broke my mouse one-clicking the ebook. He's the side character who I wanted to know more about in Idol and this book didn't disappoint! I don't know what I had in mind but this book wasn't it. Don't get me wrong. I loved the hell out of it! It just was different than I thought it would be.

I loved Scottie and Sophie! Their banter was freaking adorable! The story was cute too. It felt more like a slice of life story than most New Adult books I've read. It was different and I really enjoyed that about it! And like with the first book, I found myself chuckling in several spots as I was reading. I loved seeing Scottie's interactions with the members of Kill John and Libby and getting more of his backstory. I wish the book had been longer so I could have more Sunshine and Chatty Girl in my life.

The only thing I had an issue with (and it's a very small issue) is how abruptly the book ended. While it was believable, I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if it had been fleshed out a bit more. But that's my personal opinion. Overall, it was a solid sequel that I couldn't put down. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book. I wonder who it's going to be about? I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for either Brenna or Jax.

   
  4 / 5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...