Monday, February 29, 2016

Reading Challenge Recap: February 2016


It's the last day of February and like every year I'm surprised with how fast it went. And we even had an extra day in the month because of the Leap Year. We've made some progress on our 2016 reading challenges and we're still working really hard to stay motivated. In an effort to do so, we're going to do these reading challenge recaps to hold ourselves accountable. Why are reading goals so hard? Read on to find out how well or how not well we did this last month!

Gretl's Recap

#Rock My TBR
http://theyabooktraveler.com/index.php/2015/11/30/rockmytbr-introductory-post/

So I'm not exactly rocking this challenge so far. I read 1 1/2 books I owned in January. In February, I read a couple of shorts. I enjoyed them, but I resented them a little bit for being squeezed in there. I read Magic Stars by Ilona Andrews, which has been lingering on my Kindle since release day, and the Nocturne Falls Valentine's Day story A Vampire's Valentine Surprise by Kristen Painter from the Kiss and Spell anthology.
Kiss and Spell: 11 Valentine's Day Paranormal Short StoriesMagic Stars (Kate Daniels, #8.5, Grey Wolf, #1)


I have four more ARCs to read and then I will finally be caught up for a while. I hope to make a much more impressive dent in my TBR pile next month. I have some books I'm really excited about. I just have to make time to read them.


Rose Red's Recap
 

#RockMyTBR


I'm so happy to report that I made my goal of reading at least two books off my TBR again in February! I read ten TBR books this month! See the picture below for the ones I read. I'm really happy with my progress on this challenge so far! So far this year, I've knocked a total of sixteen books off Mount ToBeRead so I'm on track to make a huge dent in my pile!


2016 TBR Jar Challenge for January


This month's TBR Jar Challenge was Read A Book Someone Else Picks! For this challenge, I gave my Best Friend free rein to choose my TBR Jar Book this month and he choose a book that he and lots of other people have been telling me to read since it published in 2012. It also happened to be the buddy read book for the #RockMyTBR challenge this month. The book that completed this challenge was The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater! Yes! I finally read this book! Everyone who told me to read it was right, I read it in one sitting and I adored it so, so, SO much! After finishing it, I proceeded to binge read the other two books out in the series and I loved them just as much or more than the first one! You all need to read these books! Seriously. Best three day book binge I've had in a while. I can't begin to describe how much I loved reading about Blue and her Raven Boys! I need The Raven King in my hands like right now! I'm planning on reviewing each book in this series between now and the release of book four so keep your eyes out for my thoughts on them in the next month or two.

Read What You Buy


Okay, I'm not doing well with this challenge so far. I fell victim to the Book Outlet President's Day sale which means I bought way more books than normal this month. Thankfully, I've already read some of the books I bought so they don't count for this challenge which is good because I didn't finish any of my pre-orders for this month. Between the Book Outlet binge and my pre-orders, I bought eleven books this month. Umm... That's a lot.

As for how many I read this month, I finished reading The Bands of Mourning that I bought last month. I did start my pre-order of A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab but didn't get it finished because of a major book hangover from binge reading The Raven Cycle books. I did read all of the Mercy Thompson comics I bought this month. So far I'm only at 32% (6/19) for this year but that percentage should increase drastically in March as I've already read all but two of my pre-orders for next month!


How did you do on your reading challenges this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...