Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Releases: Buy, Borrow or Beg?


Buy, Borrow or Beg is our monthly new release feature. Each of the co-bloggers is going to tell you which books they're most excited about and whether you should buy - the ones we preordered or plan to stand in line for, borrow - the ones we'll be stalking at the library, or beg - the ones we've gotten for free as review copies or prizes that you'll be begging us to tell you about. Let us know what you're eagerly awaiting this month in the comments.

Buy

Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter #8) by Nalini Singh
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
I've heard good things about Naasir. And I love the political elements in the Guild Hunter series. Starting this one as soon as it downloads!

Crucible Zero (House Immortal #3) by Devon Monk
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
The House Immortal series is part Hunger Games, part Frankenstein and so much fun. The first two books have been fast-paced, action-packed adventures. And then they tried to mend time. Matilda's world has totally changed but I'm excited to see how it all wraps up.

A Red Rose Chain
(October Daye #9) by Seanan McGuire
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
Toby Daye was one of the first Fae series I ever read and it's become one of my auto-buys. This is supposed to be the beginning of the second phase of Toby's story so I'm looking forward to seeing where she goes.

Shadows at Midnight
(Shaede Assassin #5) by Amanda Bonilla
Releases Sept 24 Goodreads Amazon
I loved Against the Dawn so much! t seems like I've been waiting forever to find out how Dorian gets rescued. Fortunately, the wait is almost over.
 

Borrow

The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires #1) by Jim Butcher
Releases Sept 29 Goodreads Amazon
Jim Butcher wrote a Steampunk novel. That's really all I need to know about The Aeronaut's Windlass. Really excited for this one!

Menagerie by Rachel Vincent
Releases Sept 29 Goodreads  Amazon
I'm always interested in dark circus stories. In this one all the animals are shifters. I'm already hooked.

Beg

23492477 The Drafter (The Peri Reed Chronicles #1) by Kim Harrison
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
Mind-bending and heart-breaking! Peri Reed is nothing like Rachel Morgan, but she's a tiny little badass. She can also draft, or go back a few minutes in time and change what happened. The catch is that she needs an anchor to help her remember what happens when she drafts, which makes her vulnerable.

Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal #1) by Zen Cho
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
If you loved Beth Cato's The Clockwork Dagger as much as we did, you should dig Sorcerer to the Crown. The world is very different, with elemental magic and Fae politics, but it had a similar feel to me. Oh, and it also has dragons!



Buy

Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Releases September 29 Goodreads Amazon
I've only read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and I really enjoyed it. I haven't finished that trilogy yet but I can't help but start this one. IT'S A FANTASY HEIST BOOK AND I FREAKING LOVE THOSE! This book takes place in the same world as the Grisha Trilogy and features six outcasts. The magic system of this world paired with a heist plot has me fascinated! All the early reviews for this one have been full of praise and gushing! I can't wait to get my hands on my copy!

Forever With You (Wait For You #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Releases September 29 Goodreads Amazon
You all know how much I adore this series! AND THIS IS NICK'S BOOK!!! I am so freaking excited to learn more about him! I seriously can't wait for this book especially after the tantalizing preview we got at the end of Fall With Me about who the love interest is going to be! I don't know if we're going to get the point of view of Nick or the love interest, but I really hope that the book is written from both of their points of view!


The Aeronaut's Windlass
(The Cinder Spires #1) by Jim Butcher
Releases September 29 Goodreads Amazon
Guys! I need this book in my life! Jim Butcher wrote a steampunk book! Like Gretl, I actually don't know much about this book other than that but I am so excited to read it! I've been hearing nothing about good things about it from the early reviewers!

Borrow


Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
Releases September 1 Goodreads Amazon
I have heard so many great things about this book that made me realize that it's one of those books that I have to read because I am just plain intrigued by the premise. The main character is literally allergic to the world around her so she never ventures outside of her house. Enter cute boy that moves in across the street. I have heard that it is super cute and that it's everything (excuse the pun). I'm going to have to pick this up from my library!

Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter #8) by Nalini Singh
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
I actually haven't started this series yet but I marathoned Nalini Singh's Psy-Changeling series over a course of two weeks in June and I adored it! I have just put all of the books in this series on hold at my library so I can marathon it as soon as this comes out on Tuesday.

Sorcerer to the Crown (Sorcerer Royal #1) by Zen Cho
Releases Sept 1 Goodreads Amazon
I actually don't know much about this book but I've heard so many great things about it that I'm going to have to pick it up from my library!


Beg

The Beastly Bones (Jackaby #2) by William Ritter
Releases September 22 Goodreads Amazon
Jackaby was one of my most favorite books to come out last year! It was creative, hilarious, and a downright fun read! I adored it and the characters and world it introduced me to. I actually don't know much about this sequel but I can't wait to read my ARC of it. I'm so ready to revisit the town of New Fiddleham and see what mischief Jackaby has dragged Abigail into!

Walk On Earth A Stranger (The Goldseer Trilogy #1) by Rae Carson
Releases September 22 Goodreads Amazon
I've actually never read anything by Rae Carson and I'm kind of ashamed about that. I've heard nothing but excellent things about her Fire and Thorns trilogy! The main character of this book can sense the gold around her. Something happens that results in her disguising herself as a boy and trekking to California just in time for the Gold Rush. This book sounds fascinating and I can't wait to read my ARC soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...