Monday, August 24, 2015

Read This F@!%ing Book Rebooted

Did you know Read This F@!#ing Book debuted in 2012? I found some of my favorite series because of those first posts.This year we've decided to look back at a few of our favorite RTFBs and update them for 2015. We'll keep doing new ones too, so if you have a favorite book or series that you think deserves some attention or if you'd like to guest post, let us know.
 
 
Amanda Bonilla's Shaede Assassin series was one that I one-clicked as soon as I finished reading Goldilox's RTFB post, which originally appeared in March 2013. I read the first three books in two days. Book four, Against the Dawn, was one of my Top Ten of 2014. I may have read it in a single sitting. And I've been waiting (not so) patiently to find out what happens next ever since.
 
Book five, Shadows at Midnight, comes out next month so if you haven't started yet, this is a great time for a binge-read. Plus, you avoid those pesky cliffhangers that way.
 
Here's what Goldilox had to say about
 
The Shaede Assassin Series
by Amanda Bonilla

Crave the Darkness (Shaede Assassin, #3)Shaedes of Gray (Shaede Assassin, #1)Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)

Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin, #4)Shadows at Midnight (Shaede Assassin, #5)
Click covers for Goodreads

Why I Love It:
The Shaede Assassin series is a fabulous urban fantasy series that lovers of the genre will adore and appreciate. Author Amanda Bonilla created two new paranormal species in the Shaedes and the Lyhtans, and although some of the abilities are familiar the species themselves are new.

Darian, our heroine and a Shaede, is anti-social and anti-relationship and she prides herself on being one hell of an assassin. She's put to the test when she finds out all at once that not only is her sort-of boss hardcore in love with her and has some abilities of his own, but she is not in fact the only Shaede in the world. Darian grows throughout the first three books and although the story plots are always exciting and fresh, its the emotional aspects of this series that keep me addicted. These books make me want to cry, scream, throw things, and take a cold shower!
 
Why I'm Pushing It:
As seems to be the case lately with adult UF series that I love, this series just isn't getting the attention it deserves. Although myself and most of my blogging friends adore Darian and the lot, it seems to be hard to get it in the hands of other readers. I think readers of urban fantasy will really gravitate to this series because it has all the best UF elements with a lot of added emotional turmoil and romance. 

The Men!
This series gives readers three very different but equally sexy men. The first is Raif, who is not a possible love interest for Darian but rather an almost-guardian, protector, and good friend. Even though we don't see him in romantic situations, he is no less sexy. He is strong and loyal and lives by a serious code of honor.

The second is Tyler, Darian's muscular and sexy sort-of boss. Tyler and Darian's up and down relationship is the most tumultuous of all and provides for a lot of frustration and tears throughout the series.

Finally, there is cocky and desirable Xander, the Shaede King. His continued romantic advances on Darian cause occasional strife between them throughout the series.

So, how did I do? Are you ready to jump into Darian's world with both feet?

Our reviews of books in this series:
 
Have you read this series?
Did I persuade you to add it to your TBR mountain?
Let me know in the comments below!


 





1 comment:

  1. I really need to get caught up with this series. I've read the first three books (that was all that was out at the time that I was reading them), and then I just never got the new releases. Thanks for putting these back on my radar.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...