Monday, November 3, 2014

Buy, Borrow or Beg: November Releases and Announcements

We're trying something new with new releases this month, so let us know what you think. Each of the co-bloggers is going to tell you about the new releases they're most excited about and whether you should buy - the ones we preordered or plan to stand in line for, borrow - the ones we'll be stalking at the library, or beg - the ones we've gotten for free as review copies or prizes that you'll be begging us to tell you about.
 

Buy

Tainted Blood (Generation V #3) by M.L. Brennan (Releases 11/4) I love the vampire mythos that Brennan created for the Generation V series. It's like no other, so it keeps surprising me. And don't even get me started on the awesomeness that is Suzume!
Jinn and Juice by Nicole Peeler (11/25) Normally the first book in a new series would probably be a borrow for me, but you can pre-order this one for $2.99 so I took a chance. It's about a jinn who just has to avoid being bound for a little while longer to escape her curse and the sorcerer who needs her powers to get through the "juice," the magical miasma surrounding Pittsburgh.
Night Shift by Nalini Singh, Ilona Andrews, Lisa Shearin and Mila Vane (11/25) This anthology contains a Psy-Changeling story, a Jim and Dali story from the world of Kate Daniels, and the prequel to The SPI Files series (about a leprechaun bachelor party!) And Mila Vane is a pseudonym for Meljean Brook. So much good stuff!

Borrow

Waistcoats and Weaponry (Finishing School #3) by Gail Carriger (11/4) I've really been enjoying this YA prequel to Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series. A lot of familiar characters make appearances. And the school - it's a dirigible!

Beg

Black Widow (Elemental Assassin #12) by Jennifer Estep (11/25) I haven't started this ARC yet. I got behind and I have to read Poison Promise first. But I've heard great things about this latest of Gin's adventures. I'll have a review for you soon.


 

Buy

Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers (11/4) This is the last book in LaFever’s His Fair Assassin trilogy. This is part of a historical fantasy series about assassin nuns! ASSASSIN NUNS! I loved the first two books and I’m ecstatic that we’re finally getting a book about Annith! November 4 can’t get here fast enough!
Tainted Blood (Generation V #3)by M. L. Brennan (11/4) This is the third book in Brennan’s delightful urban fantasy series, Generation V. I’m dying to know what kind of trouble Fort will get into this time.


Borrow

The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (11/4) I borrowed this ARC from a blogging friend of mine and I can’t wait to read it! This is a YA fantasy STANDALONE! That makes it a freaking unicorn! It seems that everything in YA is a trilogy these days. The city in the book is based off the real Kowloon Walled City that was once a part of Hong Kong. And I hear that it is dark and really intense. I can’t wait to read it.


Beg

The Shape of My Heart (2B Trilogy #3) by Ann Aguirre (11/25) This is the last book in Aguirre’s 2B Trilogy and I’m so excited for it! It’s Max’s story! I’ve been curious about him since the first book. I have it requested on Netgalley and have my fingers crossed that I’ll get approved for it soon! I already have it preordered so if I don’t get it, I’ll just read it when it comes out.




We want to hear from you!

We're looking for guest posts for our Read This F-ing Book feature for November and December. If you've got a favorite book or series that you want everyone to know about, give us a shout.

Email goldiloxandthethreeweres [at] hotmail [dot] com or tweet us [at] ghoulishgretl or [at] Jessi_Squeakers




Giveaways are still open!


Thanks to authors Kristen Painter, Amanda Carlson, Lucienne Diver, S.J. Harper, Sandy Williams, Chelsea Cameron, Delilah S. Dawson and Jaye Wells for participating in Goldilox and the Three Scares!

Don't forget to check out all the great guest posts and giveaways from the last two weeks! All the giveaways are open until midnight Eastern on November 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...