Wednesday, September 2, 2020

August Reading Challenge Recap


I don't know about you, but I'm starting the finish line at the end of 2020. At least when it comes to reading challenges. We made great progress in August and our goals are in sight.

Check out our reading challenge recaps:

2020 Romanceopoly

Gretl

After a slow July, at least challenge-wise, I have to fill 7 squares a month to finish my second board. I'm not sure if it will happen but I got 7 in August.



Completed:

✔️Fated Folly - Fated Mates PNR

The Rogue King by Abigail Owen

✔️The Office - Romance where MCs meet at work

You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria

✔️Summer - Bright colors, beach, sand or sun on the cover

Grumpy Jake by Melissa Blue

✔️ BFFs House - Friends to Lovers romance

That Kind of Guy by Talia Hibbert

✔️City Lane - UF from rec list

Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews

✔️Library - Free Choice

Memory in Death by JD Robb

✔️ Sleuth Street - Mystery w/ amateur sleuth MC

Hollywood Homicide by Kellye Garrett


Coming Up:

Burger Joint - book boyfriend list

Drive In Movie - MC in film industry

Journey’s End - Fantasy w/ Chosen One trope

Past Eaves - Historical Fiction

The Cobbles - HistRom not set in London

Post Office - Epistolary romance

Farmers Market - Romance w chef/ food industry MC 

The Gym - Longest book on TBR


Rose Red
I’m almost done with my first trip around the board (only four spaces left!) so I decided to go a second time around using the Sun pack except for the few where I used the Sun prompts the first time around. For those few, I'll use the Moon prompts I skipped last time. I'm going to designate my first time around as the Moon Pack board and my second as the Sun Pack board.

Completed:
Moon Pack
✔️Journey's End- Read a Fantasy with the Chosen One Trope
All or Nothing by Macy Blake
✔️City Lane- Read an Urban Fantasy Published in the Last Five Years
The Necromancer's Dilemma by S.J. Himes

Sun Pack
✔️Summer- Read a Book that has a Brightly Colored or Multicolored Cover
All Kidding Aside by Macy Blake
✔️Winter- Read a Book that has a Winter Word in the Title
Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon
✔️Spring- Read a Book that has a Green or Yellow Cover
Chaos Reigning by Jessie Mihalik
✔️Action Avenue- Read an Urban Fantasy with a Dark Cover
The Necromancer's Dance by S.J. Himes
✔️The Vault- Read a PNR Where the Author is New-To-You in this Genre
Wolfsbane by S.J. Himes
✔️The Gym- Read the Longest Book on Your TBR
Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology Volume 4 Edited by Leslie Copeland
✔️City Lane- Read an Urban Fantasy on Any of Our Urban Fantasy Recommendations Lists
Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews
 
Coming Up:
Moon Pack
➖Beau Boulevard- Read a Young Adult Novel by a New-To-You Author
➖The Vault- Read the PNR That Has Been on Your TBR for the Longest.
➖Campus Corner- Read a New Adult Where the H/H is a Jock
 
Sun Pack 
➖Outer Space- Read a Sci-Fi Set on an Alien Planet or Spaceship
➖Rainbow Row- Read a F/F Romance
➖Flirts Corner- Read a Contemporary Romance that has a Nerdy Hero or Heroine
➖Library #3- Read Any Book

Beat the Backlist

Gretl

I’m playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 3 squares this month:

Book of short stories- Three in Death by JD Robb
Twisted Fairy Tale Retelling - Taken in Death by JD Robb
Book by International Author - That Kind of Guy by Talia Hibbert


Non-Bingo Backlist Books

Black and Blue by Emma Jameson

Blue Blooded by Emma Jameson


Rose Red

I completed 2 squares on my Bingo Board this month. I only have 3 squares left on my board!

Beat the Backlist Bingo
A Top Ten Book of the Year- The Necromancer's Dance by S.J. Himes
The 4+ Book in a Series- Mastering the Flames by S.J. Himes

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
The Necromancer's Dilemma by S.J. Himes
The Necromancer's Reckoning by S.J. Himes
A History of Trouble by S.J. Himes
Azaran by Jacki James
Zale by Michelle Frost
Eeli by Steph Maire and Bobbie Rayne
Malachite by Michele Notaro and Sammi Cee


2020 Library Love Challenge


My goal was 36 library books for the year. So far I’ve read 101!

Here’s what I read in August:

The Rogue King by Abigail Owen

Connections in Death by JD Robb

Vendetta in Death by JD Robb

Golden in Death by JD Robb

Grumpy Jake by Melissa Blue

Memory in Death by JD Robb

Three in Death by JD Robb

Time of Death by JD Robb

Hollywood Homicide by Kellye Garrett

The Blood King by Abigail Owen

The Wedding Date Disaster by Avery Flynn

Hollywood Ending by Kellye Garrett

Her Aussie Holiday by Stephanie London


Short stories/novellas where I didn’t read the whole book:

Possession in Death by JD Robb

Chaos in Death by JD Robb

Taken in Death by JD Robb

Wonderment in Death by JD Robb



Tackle My TBR Challenge
After successfully completing the Safety level last month, my new goal for the year is to read 30 Books I Own for the First Down (25-36) level. I'm happy to report that I have read 23 TBR books so far for the year! I'm so happy with my progress!


This month I read 5 books that count for this challenge. I also completed the challenge for August which was to read a Back-To-School Read which had a main character who is a magic teacher.

 The books I read are:
The Necromancer's Dance by S.J. Himes (Back-To-School)
The Necromancer's Dilemma by S.J. Himes
The Necromancer's Reckoning by S.J. Himes
Mastering the Flames by S.J. Himes
Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews

How did you all do on your reading challenges this month?
 

and

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...