Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Review: The A.I. Who Loved Me by Alyssa Cole


The A.I. Who Loved Me
(The Hive #1)
Alyssa Cole
Release: June 3, 2020
Goodreads Amazon

The critically acclaimed Audible Original narrated by Regina Hall and with a cameo from Mindy Kaling is now available in ebook and print formats!

Trinity Jordan leads a quiet, normal life: working from home for the Hive, a multifunctional government research center, and recovering from the incident that sent her into a tailspin. But the life she’s trying to rebuild is plagued by mishaps when Li Wei, her neighbor’s super sexy and super strange nephew, moves in and turns things upside down.

Li Wei’s behavior is downright odd—and the attraction building between them is even more so. When an emergency pulls his aunt away from the apartment complex, Trinity decides to keep an eye on him...and slowly discovers that nothing is what it seems. For one thing, Li Wei isn’t just the hot guy next door—he’s the hot A.I. next door. In fact, he’s so advanced that he blurs the line between man and machine. It’s up to Trinity to help him achieve his objective of learning to be human, but danger is mounting as they figure out whether he’s capable of the most illogical human behavior of all...falling in love.

Review:
I am ashamed to say that this is the first Alyssa Cole book I've ever read. I've been buying her books when they go on sale for a couple years but I've never gotten around to picking any of them up. I saw this one recommended in someone's (I can't remember who.) Instagram stories of black romance authors to read. I'm so glad I went and bought it! This book was something I never knew I needed in my until I read it! I loved everything about it! 

One of my favorite parts of most science fiction novels are the A.I.s so when I was told that this was a romance between a human and an A.I. I was sold. I didn't even look at the synopsis. And I'm kind of glad I didn't. This book was glorious!

Trinity Jordan works from home driving for a "driverless" taxi service as she's recovering from an incident at work that wrecked her knee and gave her some serious PTSD. Everything is going fine until Trinity's neighbor, Dr. Zhang, moves her nephew in with her. Her very hot nephew. Li Wei's behavior is not normal and Trinity can't figure out why it's so odd. She doesn't find out until later that he's an A.I.

I loved watching Li Wei and Trinity interact. They are drawn together from the get go and it was adorable! I loved watching Li Wei learn and develop till he acts mostly human. This book kept me on my toes. I kept trying to figure out what was happening and there were a couple plot twists that had me gasping out loud. I totally didn't see them coming. I also loved both Trinity and Li Wei's very different interactions with Dr. Zhang's cat, Tim!

I honestly loved how the whole book flowed and the intriguing way it was written. It’s part an epistolary novel and it was a brilliant! I really really hope there will be more books. Trinity has a couple friends that I want to see get their own stories. For my first Alyssa Cole book, this was an excellent one to pick up! I can’t wait to read more of her books.

    1/2
  4.5 / 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...