Monday, December 16, 2019

2020 Reading Challenges


It's that time of year again. Everyone's planning and making resolutions. For the Weres that means it's time to talk about Reading Challenges. If you've been following this year, these may look familiar.

Romanceopoly



We had such a great time doing Romanceopoly in 2019 that we're both doing it again in 2020. The challenge is a little more complicated because so many people finished their boards this time. There are now two paths to choose from, Sun and Moon. Gretl's doing the Sun challenges and Rose Red is doing the Moon ones. We're both going for The Adventurer level, once around the board.

Beat the Backlist


Gretl
This will be our third year of Beat the Backlist hosted by Novel Knight. I'm going to try something new this year and use the optional bingo card. 

The challenge requires participants to post a TBR when they sign up so even though I'm terrible at sticking to them, here's my 2020 Backlist TBR. I want to read at least one backlist book a month so I'm going with a list of 12.

Wolf RisingWolf InstinctWolf Rebel
26877686. sy475 28764747. sy475 45915501. sy475
35126152. sy475 36373298. sy475 37920490
381368773613756040042024. sy475

SWAT #8-10 by Paige Tyler
Dominion #1-3 by Juliette Cross
Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews
Trail of Lightning and Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse
An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris
Kill the Queen and Protect the Prince by Jennifer Estep

Rose Red
I love doing the Beat the Backlist challenge every year! It makes me not feel as guilty about not reading all the books I bought this year because they'll all be backlist titles for 2020. I'm slowly reading more now that I'm getting into the swing of things with the new teaching job but I know I won't be able to read as much as years past next year. So I'm following Gretl with her goal to read at least one backlist title a month so 12 for the year.

As for a TBR, I'm going to keep this small because I am absolutely terrible at sticking to one. But these six books are ones I definitely want to get to this next year.



The Name of All Things by Jenn Lyons
Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
A Chain Across the Dawn by Drew Williams
After the Crown by K.B. Wagers
Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Library Love Challenge



Gretl
For 2020 the Library Love Challenge will be hosted by Angel’s Guilty Pleasures & Books of My Heart.  The goal is to read at least twelve books from the library, but you can read more. I rocked this challenge this year. It looks like I'll have about 40 library books read at the end. For 2020 I'm going for Overdrive Junkie: Read 36 books.

Where I fell a little short was in writing reviews and posting them to the linky. It's going to be monthly instead of one for the whole year so hopefully that will help.

Tackle My TBR 2020 Challenge


Rose Red
A few years ago, I participated in a challenge called Rock My TBR before we started doing Beat the Backlist. It was great because it made me focus on downsizing the number of unread books I had on my shelves. Unfortunately, that was the last year Rock My TBR happened. Since then I've been looking for a new TBR challenge that will help me focus on reducing the number of unread books I own and I found one for 2020! I'm going to be participating in the Tackle My TBR 2020 Challenge hosted by Kim from KimberlyFaye Reads.


I might up this a few months into the year but the challenge level I'm going to start with is Safety: Read 12 TBR books. I know for sure that one book per month is doable for me. I love that as part of this challenge there is a theme each month for your TBR book and I'm looking forward to doing each of them. They're really fun prompts! Plus, I adore the whole football theme of the whole challenge. Watch out TBR pile, 2020 is the year I come for you.

 Are you signing up for a Reading Challenge in 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...