Wednesday, June 12, 2019

We Love Lists: My Favorite Books With Less Than 2000 Goodreads Reviews


A few weeks ago, Gretl posted a list of her Ten Favorite Sleeper Series that are underappreciated and have few reviews on Goodreads. This week I'm also going to post a similar list about some of my favorite books that aren’t getting as much love as I think they should. All of these books have less than 2000 reviews on Goodreads which is a damn shame.

I loved all of these books and would highly recommend picking them up even though I don't talk about them as much as I should.

The Draegan Lords Series by M.L. Rhodes
Number of Ratings: 1830, 1088, 790, 247, & 23

This series is a queer medieval fantasy romance with dragon shifters. I wasn't completely sold on it at first but every time I reread it I love it even more!

The Ruin of Kings by Jenn Lyons
Number of Ratings: 1692

I'm not surprised that this one doesn't have more reviews since it only came out in February but more people need to read it. It's a most excellent queer epic fantasy novel with assassins, krakens, and a disaster child who gets into all the trouble.


 London Steampunk: The Blue Blood Conspiracy Series by Bec McMaster
Number of Ratings: 1125, 730, 481, 434, & 420

Why does this spinoff series not have more reviews?!? I adore Bec McMaster's London Steampunk world and I almost love this spinoff series more than the original. It's a damn shame not more people are reading it. Vampires and werewolves in a steampunk version of London? Secret government spy ring? Hot and steamy romances? What more could you want?


The Badlands Series by Morgan Brice
Number of Ratings: 540, 158, & 139

I've been shouting about this series since I discovered it earlier in this year and I need more people to read it! It's queer urban fantasy at its finest where the main characters are a homicide detective and a psychic. It's as awesome as it sounds.

The Remaking of Corbin Wale by Roan Parrish
Number of Ratings: 1743

This strange little book is one of the more well read books on this list but it still has less than 2000 reviews. More people need to read about these two soft boys falling in love while baking. It's a freaking adorable romance.

The San Andreas Shifters Series by G.L. Carriger
Number of Ratings: 1892, 795

I am shocked that this series doesn't have more reviews on Goodreads because it's paranormal romance written by Gail Carriger. It's everything I love about a good shifter/pack series but it's very very gay and it's amazing! The romances and the variety of supernatural creatures mixed with Carriger's signature humor is what makes this series so great.

The Adventures of Owl by Kristi Charish
Number of Ratings: 1563, 650, 336, & 171

This series is like a modern day D&D campaign meets Indiana Jones. It's wonderful! There's dragons and nagas and all manner of supernatural creatures plus the treasure hunting and gaming aspects are amazing! The main character, Owl, is a bit standoffish but she slowly comes into her own with the supernatural side of things. I still need to read the latest book myself.


The Dark Mission Series by Karina Cooper
Number of Ratings: 940, 355, 230, 174, 99, & 132

The Dark Mission series was one of the first paranormal romance series I ever read. It's set in a post-magic apocalypse and is all about witches and witch hunters. It's dark and gritty and utterly fantastic! It makes me sad that this one has gotten lost in all the hubbub. It seriously is a wonderful series. Plus, it one of the first paranormal romance series I can remember that included both disabled and queer characters and did so with respect and without being asked.

What books have you read and loved, but there’s not many ratings or reviews on Goodreads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...