Wednesday, December 12, 2018

We Love Lists: Books We Hope To Find Under The Christmas Tree


Christmas is thirteen days away and we've been busy doing our holiday shopping. We don't know about you, but we're down to the last few little things. Now, we can start wishing for gifts under the tree ourselves. And of course, we would be super happy if more than a few of those gifts are book-shaped. So here are the books we hope to find under our tree this Christmas.

Rose Red


Behind the Throne by K.B. Wagers
I'm not sure how I missed this one when it came out a few years ago but how could I not want a book about a runaway princess turned gun smuggler who gets dragged back to her kingdom to rule? I need this book in my life! I'm pretty sure I'm getting this one from the Bestie for Christmas. :)


The Disasters by M.K. England
This is being billed as The Breakfast Club in SPACE! I'm pretty much sold on that fact alone. Add in all of the good hype it's been getting plus being blurbed by some of my favorite authors, it's definitely one that I'm really hoping I get as a Christmas gift. If I don't it will be one of the first ones I buy after the holidays.


American Hippo by Sarah Gailey
I have been meaning to read Sarah Gailey's River of Teeth series for a while now because alternate America where hippos have taken over the Mississippi River. Add in the fact that it was released as a bind-up earlier this year, it seems like a sign that this needs to be added to my shelf. I put this on my Christmas wishlist my family asked for so I'm hoping I get it.


Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner
I've been waiting for the paperback of this book to come out so I could justify rebuying the first four books with their new covers and have a matching set. It's officially out in paperback and I bought the first four books with the new covers from Book Outlet on Black Friday so I need it! It's on my Christmas wishlist so I'm hoping my family gets it for me. If they don't, I'll buy it with one of the gift cards I know I'll be getting.


Pride and Prometheus by John Kessel
I keep forgetting this book is a thing until I see it my Amazon recs. This book is what happens when Frankenstein and Pride and Prejudice meet after the events of each of their respective stories. This book is like a fanfic mashup that combines the fandoms. I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty sure I can ship Victor Frankenstein and Mary Bennet like whoa. I need this book in my life!


A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy by Alex WhiteI'm a series binge reader so I like to have all the available books before I start a series. This second book in The Salvagers series comes out right before Christmas so it would be awesome to see under my tree!


Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
I'm ashamed to say that I've never read a Charlaine Harris book. I want to remedy that soon but I'm not feeling the Sookie Stackhouse premise. But I'm intrigued by the Midnight, TX books. I'm hoping to get the first book for Christmas so I can finally read a Harris book.

Gretl

40874032

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Why am I wishing for a book that I already have not just one, but two copies of? Because I have two paperback copies (one old cover and one new) and all the rest of my Schwab books are hardcover. I just really want them all to match.

28550610

The Illustrated Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
I'd like to start reading these with my daughter. (And full disclosure: I haven't read the first few myself.) But they're so expensive and I already have the regular editions so I just haven't gotten them yet.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief Illustrated Edition by [Riordan, Rick]

Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief Illustrated edition by Rick Riordan
I want this one for exactly the same reason, except that I haven't read any of this series. 

38602136

Various Star Wars books
I have Phasma and Ahsoka but if I had the time, I'd love to take a month and just read all the Star Wars books. I love the animated shows and I want to explore the rest of the world outside the films.

6527740

Shadow Kiss and Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
I read these books years ago and I have digital copies. But by the time I got around to filling out my paperback collection, the covers had changed. I want them with the original cover to match the rest of the books. I look for them every time I go to a used bookstore but haven't found one yet.

What books do you want to find under your tree this Christmas or receive this holiday?

 and
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...