Wednesday, November 28, 2018

We Love Lists: Five Fake Relationship Romances


Does anyone else spend all of November and December watching Hallmark Channel movies? It's an obsession that I just developed in the last few years. But recently it got me thinking about romance tropes. And I realized I love the Fake Relationship trope. It's great for fluffy Holiday movies, but it works equally well in both adult and YA books. 

Here are some of my faves:

26252659
Big Rock by Lauren Blakely
The over the top male POV in this friends to lovers story took me a bit to get used to but it was lots of fun once it got going. It introduces most of the characters in the rest of the series, which I really enjoyed, as well.

17884655
Don’t Bite the Bridesmaid by Tiffany Allee
Alice's sister's getting married on a cruise. And her ex will be there too. She asks her neighbor to be her fake boyfriend, not realizing that he's a vampire.

40785611
The Princess Trap by Talia Hibbert
Cherry gets caught in a compromising position with a prince. To avoid a scandal, his people tell the tabloids they're engaged. And she's whisked off to his estate to play fake fiancee.

35997816
Royals by Rachel Hawkins
The publisher just revealed a new cover and title for Royals. Soon it will be called Prince Charming. But it's still a fun YA version of Pretty Woman set among Scottish royals.
Read my review.

15749186
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
How many times have you watched the Netflix movie? I think I'm only at 3, but I want to read the rest of the series so much now.
This summer we did a list of 10 Things to Watch After TATBILBT.

What's your favorite Fake Relationship Story?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...