Friday, October 26, 2018

Weres Wanna Know: How Do You Make Time To Read?


You may have noticed that we haven't been posting a lot of content on the blog recently. Well, both Gretl and I have both been in the middle of a major reading slump for a while and it's hard to write bookish content when you're not reading. As for me, on top of being in a reading slump/book hangover thanks to Vengeful, my life situation has changed drastically in the last couple months. I started a new job and then my nephews came to live with me and my sister. The tips and tricks I'd used in the past to make time to read don't work for my current situation.

I miss reading. And I'll admit that until recently, I haven't had the energy to read. Being the mother figure for three little boys is hard and very exhausting. I don't know how you moms do it. You all have my utmost respect! And the more I don't read, the more I'm starting to get a bit stressed out with the number of unread books I'm accumulating because, of course, I haven't stopped buying books even though I haven't been reading.
 
So I want to know, what do you do to find more time to read? Because I need a new set of tools for my new situation especially the tips you all have that I would never have thought to try. I will say that I've managed to carve out some time on my lunch hour and before bed to read by sheer will alone but it's a very small amount compared to before. I don't even have the time to listen to audiobooks while I clean and cook like I used to because now I need to be able to hear if my nephews are screaming.

I think the biggest problem is that I lost my habit of reading. Before I had it so ingrained into my schedule that I never had to think about making time for it like I do now. I want to get back to that if I can. 
 
So tell me, what tips do you have for me? What do you do to make time to read?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...