Wednesday, October 17, 2018

We Love Lists: Books That Give Us Fall Feels


Even though pumpkin spice is everywhere and I'm planning my Halloween costume, we've only had a few days of actual fall weather so far at my house. Thinking I may need a little extra help to get in the spirit of the season, I started to wonder about books that feel like fall. 

Here are some of our faves:

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
The original red and gold cover gives off major autumn vibes all by itself. (The new ones in red and black, or black and white for the UK versions, feel more Halloween-y to me but that works too.) The story is dark and complex, perfect for getting lost in on a chilly day.
Read Rose Red's review of Vicious.

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
I didn't read this series in the fall but it gave me fall vibes the whole time I was reading it. Maybe because it's set at a boarding school in the middle of nowhere Virginia. Or it might be because it has this whimsically creepy vibe to it but The Raven Cycle definitely strikes me as a Fall read.
Read Rose Red's RTFB Post on The Raven Cycle.

City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
A ghost story set in a city known for its haunted places? Of course, this book gives me all the Halloween vibes and it almost demands to be read in the fall. Honestly, this book delighted me in the same way as The Graveyard Book did. It's full of awesome creepy goodness and is a perfect addition to a Fall spooky books TBR.
Read Rose Red's review of City of Ghosts

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Neil Gaiman's story of a boy raised in a graveyard ala Jungle Book just screams Halloween and reminds me of Fall every time I see it on my shelves. It's one of those eerily perfect reads for Fall if you're looking for something with some spooky vibes.
Read our Read This F-ing Book post on The Graveyard Book

The Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Kerri Maniscalco
Horror classics always make me think of Halloween. The fact that all of the books in the series have released in the fall probably also contributes to the fact that they're Fall Reads in my mind.
Read Rose Red's reviews of Stalking Jack the Ripper and Hunting Prince Dracula.

Wake the Hollow by Gaby Triana
This was my Halloween read last year. The story is set in October and focuses on the events leading up to a small town festival. With mentions of sweater weather it's full of fall feels.
Read Gretl's review of Wake the Hollow

 Windwitch by Susan Dennard
This is another cover that invokes autumn for me. Something about the blowing leaves. It's also one of those complex, twisty stories that you want to spend the day curled up under a blanket with.

What books give you Fall Feels?


 and




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...