Thursday, November 2, 2017

TBR Bingo and Rose Red's TBR for the Rest of 2017


I know I've written about this before but I have a physical TBR pile that is seriously getting out of hand despite the fact that I have cut back on my book buying the last three months. *whispers* As of the time of this post, I have 261 unread physical books and let's not talk about all of the unread ebooks I have on my kindle. I know that that's not bad but it's not good either.

My TBR pile has been clocking in at over 230 books for the last four years so I'm always looking for fun ways like #RockMyTBR to motivate myself to decrease it. Back in August, Dahlia Adler tweeted the following TBR reduction suggestion:


Soon after that the hashtag #TBRbingo became a thing. She suggested creating the bingo card and read whatever book on your card comes up on social media and in conversation first and repeat until you get a bingo or a blackout. While that is an ingenious idea, I would be stuck on reading the newest books on my TBR because that's what bookstagram is obsessed with. So I decided to just make a card with twenty-four books and I would mark them off as I read them. Doesn't that sound like fun? This is the card I've been working on since the middle of August.


The card itself was easy enough to make. I just used an online bingo card generator. A Google search will bring up a lot of sites you can use for free. The one I used is here. Picking the books to put on the card was the most difficult part. I included some new fall releases that I knew I was buying and older books I've had on my shelves for a while. A couple of them I've been meaning to read for years. *cough* Words of Radiance *cough* and *cough* The Scorpio Races *cough*

Once I had my card, I decided to treat it as an experiment. It's such a cool idea that if it worked, it would work well as one of my reading challenges for next year. And I'm so excited to say that it has helped a lot! I've read NINE TBR books over the last three months! How exciting is that?!?


This is what my bingo card currently looks like. I'm so proud of myself! I have fifteen books (7005 pages total) plus the random TBR book left and I'm going to make finishing them my priority for the rest of the year. Will I finish them all? Probably not since I have some behemoths on there but I'm still hoping to get through as many of them as I can.


This is what my TBR for the rest of the year looks like and it's kind of intimidating. My whole month of November is dedicated to 2608 pages of Sanderson goodness because I'm trying to get caught up with The Stormlight Archive before Oathbringer comes out on the 14th. After that, I have no idea what I'll read but I'm open to suggestions about what I really need to pick up next in the comments!


Speaking about end of the year TBRs, Gretl also has a picture of some books that she wants to read up on our Instagram. You can go here to vote on which ones she needs to prioritize and you can suggest ones not pictured.

What books are on your TBR for the rest of 2017?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...