Friday, March 3, 2017

Early Review: Her True Match by Paige Tyler


30612656Her True Match
(X-Ops #6)
Paige Tyler
Release: March 7, 2017
Goodreads Amazon
After a long game of cat-and-mouse

Feline shifter Dreya Clark picks the wrong penthouse to rob and ends up arrested by sexy detective Braden Hayes. But Braden isn’t the only one who’s been watching the cat burglar. Agents from the Department of Covert Operations swoop in to offer her a deal. If she wants to stay out of jail, she’ll have to work with them—and pair up with the hot cop. Great.

Danger throws this unlikely pair together

Braden isn’t thrilled about the DCO meddling in his investigation. He’s been chasing Dreya for years. Thrown together on a dangerous covert mission, fur flies and temperatures flare. But when danger closes in on them, their game of cat and mouse turns deadly-serious, and they’ll have to rely on each other to make it out alive. 
Review:

First of all, I just have to mention the fact that I hate the titles in this series. I've enjoyed the books, but there's only one of them that I can tell which characters it features from its title. They tell me nothing and it bugs me!

Okay, I feel better now. But since I brought up the rest of the series, I will also say that I don't think you need to start from the beginning to pick up Her True Match. (I would, but I'm more series-oriented than most.) The couples from books one and two both play big parts in the story, so you might want to read their books, but I don't think it's necessary to know how they got together to follow this story. You definitely need to read book five, Her Rogue Alpha, though since both story lines are continued from that book.

Detective Braden Hayes has been tracking cat burglar Dreya Clark since she robbed a powerful former senator in the last book. Now he's caught her red-handed only to have her taken from his interrogation room by federal agents. It turns out the DCO has been tracking her since that last job too. Unwilling to lose her, he just follows the feds and winds up in the DCO too. (Totally saw that one coming.)

I felt like Braden and Dreya's story was pretty straightforward, just building their partnership and training, until they got involved in the secondary story, which had Ivy and Landon (from book one) investigating a mental institution they suspected was cover for a hybrid lab. Then things started to get more interesting. I like that Trevor the coyote shifter and counterintelligence expert got involved in the investigation as well. I had been wanting to see more of him. (And he's the star of book seven so yay!)

So while I was enjoying the story, I wasn't really impressed with the first half of this book. But boy did it have a powerful ending! It changes everything! I can't wait to see where the series goes from here!

Recommended for fans of: J.D. Tyler's Alpha pack series, the Edge series by Shannon K. Butcher

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

   1/2 
3.5  stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...