Monday, October 31, 2016

Goldilox and the Three Scares: Rose Red's Favorite Halloween Movies

 It's one of our favorite times of year. Leaves are falling, Halloween decorations are going up and we're all eating way too much candy. That means it's also time for one of our favorite events:


I love Halloween! The dressing up and the trick or treating is still one of my favorite things even though I pass the candy out now instead of ringing the doorbells. I love so many things about this time of year: the fall colors and carnivals, the spiced apple cider, the fun ghost-covered clothing, and the Reese's Pumpkins. My absolute favorite thing though is the Halloween movies. I don't horror movies because more nightmare fuel is not something I need.

Every year, my family does a 13 Days of Halloween movie marathon where we watch a different Halloween movie every night. I want to share with you some of my favorites. Be sure to stick around till the end to see the amazing giveaway we have from Jennifer Estep!

Rose Red's Favorite Halloween Movies

The Nightmare Before Christmas: I have been in love with this movie since I saw it in theaters as a kid. It's kooky and creepy as any movie about a skeleton trying to appropriate Christmas for his own should be. I fell in love with the residents of Halloween Town and wore out the VHS my parents bought for me. I start listening to the soundtrack as soon as October hits because Danny Elfman hit it out of the park with this one. Not to mention, Jack and Sally will forever be one of my favorite couples.


The Mummy: This one might seem a little strange to include as a Halloween movie since I love to watch it all year round, but it's one of my favorites to watch this time of year. And what's not to love about it? It has a creepy old mummy, plagues, old and new curses, witty banter, romance, action, and an uptight librarian who dreams of adventure. It's everything you need in a Halloween movie, in my opinion.

Goosebumps: This is a rather new addition to my list of favorites since I barely watched it last week. Thank you Netflix! I was in middle school during the golden age of R.L. Stine so I read all of the Goosebumps books with relish. They all creeped me out. Some more than others like the one with that damn puppet. So this movie was hit of nostalgia packed with several laughs. I enjoyed the heck out of it.
Hocus Pocus: Hocus Pocus is one of those movies that I have to watch or it doesn't feel like Halloween. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like they need to watch the Sanderson sisters run amok for it to be All Hallow's Eve. It's one of those universally loved movies and it has a talking cat in it. What's not to love?

Ghostbusters: The original Ghostbusters movie was my dad's contribution to our family's Halloween movie marathon so I have a soft spot for it. And now we have the new one to add to the line up because it's totally amazing and badass! Jillian Holtzmann is totally my patronus! You can't go wrong with watching either version this Halloween.

ALL of the animated Scooby Doo movies: Okay. I watch the Scooby Doo movies and cartoon episodes all year round but I especially love to watch them around Halloween. Can you say epic Monster Mash? I love all the different monsters and places the Mystery, Inc gang goes. My favorites are Scooby Doo and the Witch's Ghost and Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf. What I love about Scooby Doo is that it's enjoyable for both kids and adults. I've had so much fun introducing my boyfriend's daughter to the gang.




Those are my favorite Halloween movies!
Tell me yours in the comments!


We've got an awesome giveaway that has been provided by the awesome Jennifer Estep! One lucky winner will win the full set of Jennifer's Black Blade series and swag! (US only)

These books are amazing! You'll totally want to enter to win them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...