Friday, December 30, 2022

Review: Legends & Lattes by Travis Baldree


Legends & Lattes
Travis Baldree
Release: November 8, 2022
Goodreads Amazon
High Fantasy with a double-shot of self-reinvention

Worn out after decades of packing steel and raising hell, Viv the orc barbarian cashes out of the warrior’s life with one final score. A forgotten legend, a fabled artifact, and an unreasonable amount of hope lead her to the streets of Thune, where she plans to open the first coffee shop the city has ever seen.

However, her dreams of a fresh start pulling shots instead of swinging swords are hardly a sure bet. Old frenemies and Thune’s shady underbelly may just upset her plans. To finally build something that will last, Viv will need some new partners and a different kind of resolve.

A hot cup of fantasy slice-of-life with a dollop of romantic froth.

Review:
I loved this book so much! It was nothing like what I was expecting and everything I needed in a book when I read it. This whole story revolves around Viv, an Orc barbarian, leaving the questing life and opening a coffee shop in a city that doesn't know what coffee is.

As a lover of fanfiction, this read like a Dungeons & Dragons coffee shop AU meets a slice-of-life and I was here for it! Viv's transition from warrior to coffee shop owner was everything! I loved how she struggled to be the new Viv she wanted to be and to not rely on her old training. The first part of this book read like a home renovation show and it was so much fun!

I loved how throughout the whole process of getting her coffee shop up and running, Viv kept adding people to her circle. The found family aspect of this book was everything! I fell in love with Viv's new family in Thune and some of her old adventuring family. There's also a slow burn romance side plot that had me giggling like a teenager and yelling at the book for them to get together. It's a very slow burn but I shipped it the whole time.

This book easily made my top ten favorite books of 2022. I highly recommend picking this one up if you haven't yet! This is one where the Bookstagram/Booktok hype is spot on.


ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley.


    
  5 / 5 Stars

 
 
Recommended for fans of:
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...