Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Review: The Lights on Knockbridge Lane by Roan Parrish


The Lights on Knockbridge Lane
(Garnet Run #3)
Roan Parrish
Release: September 28, 2021
Goodreads Amazon
Can one man’s crowded, messy life fill another man’s empty heart?

Raising a family was always Adam Mills’ dream, although solo parenting and moving back to tiny Garnet Run certainly were not. After a messy breakup, Adam is doing his best to give his young daughter the life she deserves—including accepting help from their new, reclusive neighbor to fulfill her Christmas wish.

Though the little house may not have “the most lights ever,” the Mills home begins to brighten as handsome Wes Mobray spends more time there and slowly sheds his protective layers. But when the eye-catching house ends up in the news, Wes has to make a choice: hide from the darkness of his unusual past or embrace the light of a future—and a family—with Adam.

From Harlequin Special Edition: Believe in love. Overcome obstacles. Find happiness.

Review:
This is the first year that I’ve actually put time aside to read some holiday romances. And it has been so much fun! My favorite of all the ones I’ve read so far has been The Lights on Knockbridge Lane by Roan Parrish. It was easily a 5 star read for me!

Y'all! Teen Me who devoured Harlequin romances under the covers is fangirling not so quietly about the fact that we have a Harlequin queer romance book! A QUEER HARLEQUIN ROMANCE! And I freaking loved it so much! The romance! The found and real family moments! Old faves making an appearance! Sunshine vs Grump! The science! Even the tarantula! I adored it all!

This book is a single dad romance where most of the plot revolves around Adam making this the best Christmas possible for his daughter! Y'all! The Christmas light extravaganza had me quickly falling in love with both Adam and Gus! Especially Gus! She 's such a curious and tenacious little thing! She doesn't let anything including locks keep her from satisfying her curiosity. Some aspects of her remind me so much of myself at that age except I would never have picked up the snakes.

The romance in this book was adorable! I loved how neighborhood recluse and grump Wes quickly succumbs to sunshine duo, Adam and Gus. Wes and Gus's science discussion were my favorites and watching them and Adam work towards becoming a family was adorable! Although, I will say that there was a part in this book where I think more groveling was needed but it was so enjoyable overall that that part didn’t bother me like it would have in other books.

This book is a perfect read for the holiday season! I read this during spooky season and it instantly made me want to decorate for Christmas even though it was October. Roan Parrish really hit it out of the park again with this one! I hope we get more books in this series! I totally keeping my fingers crossed because I need a River book! I would also love to see Wes's friend get a book! I can't wait to see what Parrish writes next!

ARC provided by the Publisher via Netgalley


    
  5 / 5 Stars!


My reviews of other books in this series:

Better than People (Garnet Run #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...