Wednesday, December 2, 2020

November Reading Challenge Recap


We’re heading toward the finish line in our 2020 challenges and we’re actually feeling pretty good about our progress. In fact, these challenges just may be the only things that have gone according to plan all year. But hey, we’ll take it.

Here’s how the Weres did in our challenges in November:

Romanceopoly


Gretl
November is often a big reading slump month for me so I’m not surprised I didn’t get as many squares filled as I would have liked. I’ve got 10 left to complete both boards, which is doable. 

Moon Board



Completed:

✔️Burger Joint - book boyfriend list

The Score by Elle Kennedy 

✔️ Courtship Row - HistRom w/ spy or soldier MC 

Defy or Defend by Gail Carriger

✔️ The Bar - You share initials with the author

How to Marry a Werewolf by Gail Carriger

✔️Rainbow Row - M/M romance

Romancing the Werewolf by Gail Carriger

✔️Lover’s Lane - non- contemp LGBT

Romancing the Inventor by Gail Carriger

✔️Past Eaves - Historical Fiction

Duke I’d Like to F... by Sierra Simone, et al


Coming Up:

Drive In Movie - MC in film industry

Journey’s End - Fantasy w/ Chosen One trope

Past Eaves - Historical Fiction

The Cobbles - HistRom not set in London

The Gym - Longest book on TBR

➖Lady Lane - Women’s Fiction

Beau Blvd - YA classic

Coffee Shop - Book w/ food or drink on cover or foodie title

➖Library - Free choice


Sun Board


Coming Up:
➖Lady Lane - Women’s Fiction
➖Beau Blvd - YA from new to you author

Rose Red
This year is almost over and I'm getting really close to completeing all of my reading challenges! For Romanceopoly, I completed my board for the Moon Pack this last month and all but five squares on my board for the Sun Pack. Technically, I completed my goal for this challenge when I finished the Moon Pack. But I'm so close to finishing the whole challenge and I really want to finish the whole thing! I just need to read five more books in December to do so! Wish me luck!

 


Moon Pack


Completed:
✔️Campus Corner- Read a New Adult Where the H/H is a Jock 
Heated Rivalry by Rachel Reid

 

Sun Pack

Completed:
✔️The Cobbles- Read a Historical Romance where the Title is Longer than 5 Words
A Gentleman Never Keeps Score by Cat Sebastian
✔️Rainbow Row- Read a F/F Romance
Written in the Stars by Alexandra Bellefleur
✔️Courtship Row- Read a Historical Romance where the H/H is a Wallflower
Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare
✔️Library #1- Read Any Book
Treasured by S.J. Himes

Coming Up:

➖Flirts Corner- Read a Contemporary Romance that has a Nerdy Hero or Heroine
➖Past Eaves- Read a Historical Fiction Novel
➖Burger Joint- Read a Book on UTC/PLB's Book Boyfriend List
➖Farmer's Market- Read a Romance Where the H/H is a Farmer/Rancher/Cowboy
➖Coffee Shop- Read a Book Recommended to You by a Friend
 

Beat the Backlist


Gretl 

I’m playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 2 square this month. And I finally completed a row.

Completed:
Book with chapter titles: Romancing the Werewolf
Wish it had a sequel: How to Marry a Werewolf

Rose Red


I didn't read much this month so I didn't complete my last square on my Bingo Board but
I think I can finish up this challenge before the end of the year! I just need to find a backlist book that is a mash-up of genres. 

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
Heated Rivalry by Rachel Reid
Once Upon a Winter's Eve by Tessa Dare


Library Love Challenge 

My goal was 36 library books for the year. So far I’ve read 119.


Here’s what I read in November:

The Score by Elle Kennedy

Defy or Defend by Gail Carriger

Romancing the Inventor by Gail Carriger


Tackle My TBR Challenge

After successfully completing the Safety level, my new goal for the year is to read 30 Books I Own for the First Down (25-36) level. I'm happy to report that I have read 34 TBR books so far for the year! I'm so happy with my progress! I've reached my goal for the year twice now but I really want to complete the First Down level and read those last two books to get to 36 by the end of the year.
 

This month I read 1 book that counts for this challenge! The challenge for November was Unfinished Series and I didn't get it completed.

 The books I read are:
Written in the Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur

How did you do on your reading challenges this month?

and


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...