Tuesday, November 3, 2020

October Reading Challenge Recap


We’re heading toward the finish line in our 2020 challenges and we’re actually feeling pretty good about our progress. In fact, these challenges just may be the only things that have gone according to plan all year. But hey, we’ll take it.

Here’s how the Weres did in our challenges in October:


Romanceopoly

Gretl

I have to fill at least 7 squares every month to finish my second Romanceopoly board. I only got 5 in October. I need a big push to finish up before the end of the year.

 

Moon Board



Completed:

✔️ Soldier Street - MC in military 

Ride the Tide by Julie Ann Walker

✔️Outer Space - SF w/ alien or cyborg MC

When She Dances by Ruby Dixon

✔️Campus Corner - NA with jock MC

Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen

✔️ Amour Ave - second chance contemp romance

Superfan by Sarina Bowen

✔️New View - Enemies to Lovers NA

The Deal by Elle Kennedy


Coming Up:

I usually roll 3 new squares at the beginning of the month, but I only have 4 left so I’m opening them all up.

Burger Joint - book boyfriend list

Drive In Movie - MC in film industry

Journey’s End - Fantasy w/ Chosen One trope

Past Eaves - Historical Fiction

The Cobbles - HistRom not set in London

The Gym - Longest book on TBR

➖Lady Lane - Women’s Fiction

Beau Blvd - YA classic

Rainbow Row - M/M romance

Coffee Shop - Book w/ food or drink on cover or foodie title

Courtship Row - HistRom w/ spy or soldier MC 

➖The Bar - You share initials with the author

➖Lover’s Lane - non- contemp LGBT

➖Library - Free choice


Sun Board



Coming Up:
➖Lady Lane - Women’s Fiction
➖Beau Blvd - YA from new to you author

Rose Red
The year is starting to wind down and I'm getting close to completing so many of my challenges! I only have 1 square left on my board for the Moon Pack and I only have 9 squares left on my board for the Sun pack. I need to read a total of 10 books in the next two months to complete both boards by the end of the year. I can totally do that!

 

Completed:

Moon Pack

✔️The Vault- Read the PNR That Has Been on Your TBR for the Longest
A Ferry of Bones & Gold by Hailey Turner
✔️Beau Boulevard- Read a Young Adult Novel Considered a Classic
Kiki's Delivery Service by Eiko Kodano

 

Sun Pack
✔️Lady Lane- Read a Women's Fiction Novel
In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
✔️Drive In Movie- Read a Book Where the H/H is a Movie Star or Works in the Film Industry
Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade
✔️Beau Boulevard- Read a Young Adult Novel by a New-To-You Author
Kiss Number 8 by Colleen A.F. Venable
✔️Campus Corner- Read a New Adult Where the H/H is a Nerd
Rocket Science by K.M. Neuhold
✔️Sleuth Street- Read A Mystery Where the Title of the Book Includes Any Words Associated with Death
All Souls Near & Nigh by Hailey Turner
✔️The Bar- Read a Book Set Where You Live or Have Lived (Chicago!)
A Crown of Iron & Silver by Hailey Turner
✔️Autumn- Read a Book Where It Has an Orange, Gold or Yellow Cover 
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
✔️Lovers Lane- Read an LGBT Romance Set in College
How Do We Relationship?, Vol. 2 by Tamifull
✔️Library #2- Read Any Book
Niall by Silvia Violet

Coming Up:

Moon Pack
➖Campus Corner- Read a New Adult Where the H/H is a Jock
 
Sun Pack 
➖Rainbow Row- Read a F/F Romance
➖Flirts Corner- Read a Contemporary Romance that has a Nerdy Hero or Heroine
➖Past Eaves- Read a Historical Fiction Novel
➖Library #1- Read Any Book
➖Courtship Row- Read a Historical Romance where the H/H is a Wallflower
➖Burger Joint- Read a Book on UTC/PLB's Book Boyfriend List
➖The Cobbles- Read a Historical Romance where the Title is Longer than 5 Words
➖Farmer's Market- Read a Romance Where the H/H is a Farmer/Rancher/Cowboy
➖Coffee Shop- Read a Book Recommended to You by a Friend
 

Beat the Backlist

Gretl 

I’m playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 2 square this month:

From your childhood: Night Shift by Nora Roberts

Genre you rarely read: The Deal by Elle Kennedy

Rose Red

I read 2020 releases this month so I only completed one square on my Bingo Board but
I only have one left to complete before the end of the year!

Beat the Backlist Bingo
Shocking Plot Twist- A Ferry of Bones & Gold by Hailey Turner

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
Kiss Number 8 by Colleen A.F. Venable
Rocket Science by K.M. Neuhold
All Souls Near & Nigh by Hailey Turner
A Crown of Iron & Silver by Hailey Turner
Down a Twisted Path by Hailey Turner

Library Love Challenge 

My goal was 36 library books for the year. So far I’ve read 116.


Here’s what I read in October:

The Billionaire’s Fake Fiancée by Annika Martin

Superfan by Sarina Bowen

Night Shift by Nora Roberts



Tackle My TBR Challenge

After successfully completing the Safety level, my new goal for the year is to read 30 Books I Own for the First Down (25-36) level. I'm happy to report that I have read 33 TBR books so far for the year! I'm so happy with my progress!
 

This month I read 7 books that count for this challenge! I completed the challenge for September which was to read a Book That's Been on Your TBR the Longest as well as the October challenge which was a Spooky/Suspenseful Read.

 The books I read are:
Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
A Ferry of Bones & Gold by Hailey Turner (September)
All Souls Near & Nigh (October)
A Crown of Iron & Silver by Hailey Turner
A Vigil in the Mourning by Hailey Turner
On the Wings of War by Hailey Turner

How did you all do on your reading challenges this month?

and


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...