Monday, October 5, 2020

September Reading Challenge Recap


We’re heading toward the finish line in our 2020 challenges and we’re actually feeling pretty good about our progress. In fact, these challenges just may be the only things that have gone according to plan all year. But hey, we’ll take it.

Here’s how the Weres did in our challenges in September:


Romanceopoly

Gretl

I have to fill at least 7 squares every month to finish my second Romanceopoly board. I got 8 in September.

Moon Board


Completed:

✔️Farmers Market - Romance w chef/ food industry MC 

The Ultimate Pi Day by Jackie Lau

✔️Emergency Services - MC in medical profession

Selkies are a Girl’s Best Friend by Molly Harper

✔️ Library 2 - Free Choice

Shadows in Death by JD Robb 

✔️Post Office - Epistolary romance

Well Played by Jen DeLuca

✔️ The Vault - PNR longest on TBR

Lover’s Instinct by Katie Reus

✔️ Passion Place - Erotic ménage or RH

Gifting Me to His Best Friend by Katee Robert

✔️Autumn - Orange, gold, leaves on the cover/ Halloween read

A Match Made for Thanksgiving by Jackie Lau


Coming Up:

Burger Joint - book boyfriend list

Drive In Movie - MC in film industry

Journey’s End - Fantasy w/ Chosen One trope

Past Eaves - Historical Fiction

The Cobbles - HistRom not set in London

The Gym - Longest book on TBR

➖Outer Space - SF w/ alien or cyborg MC

➖Lady Lane - Women’s Fiction


Sun Board

Completed:
✔️Autumn - Orange, gold, leaves on the cover/ Halloween read
Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz

Coming Up:
➖Lady Lane - Women’s Fiction

Rose Red

I’m almost done with my first trip around the board (only three spaces left!) so I decided to go a second time around using the Sun pack. I'm not sure if I'll get the second one done but I'm sure going to try! I only need to read seven books for the next three months to finish it.

 

Completed:

Moon Pack

✔️Autumn- Read a Book That is a Spooky or Halloween Read
Acsquidentally in Love by K.L. Hiers

 

Sun Pack

✔️Post Office- Read a Romance That Started Online
Better than People by Roan Parrish
✔️Library #3- Read Any Book
Huntsman (Fox Hollow Zodiac #1) by Morgan Brice
✔️Outer Space- Read a Sci-Fi Set on an Alien Planet or Spaceship
Fire's Mate by C.W. Gray 
✔️New View- Read an Enemies-to-Lovers New Adult Romance
Faith by Kiki Burrelli
✔️Soldier Street- Read a Romantic Suspense Where the H/H is in the Military
Giorgio by Silvia Violet- This one is fudging the prompt a bit. The hero is ex-military but works for a military-like vigilante group.

Coming Up:

Moon Pack
➖Beau Boulevard- Read a Young Adult Novel by a New-To-You Author
➖The Vault- Read the PNR That Has Been on Your TBR for the Longest.
➖Campus Corner- Read a New Adult Where the H/H is a Jock
 
Sun Pack 
➖Rainbow Row- Read a F/F Romance
➖Flirts Corner- Read a Contemporary Romance that has a Nerdy Hero or Heroine
➖Past Eaves- Read a Historical Fiction Novel
➖Autumn- Read a Book Where It Has an Orange, Gold or Yellow Cover; Is a Spooky or Halloween Read; Has Leaves or Trees on the Cover; Or One of/All of/Any Combination of the Above!

Beat the Backlist

Gretl 


My goal was to read at least 0% backlist and I'm way above that with 144/204 books for the year. I’m also playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 1 square this Month.

Book About or Including Recipes: The Ultimate Pi Day by Jackie Lau

 

Rose Red


I read mostly new releases this month so I only completed 1 square on my Bingo Board this month.
I only have 2 squares left on my board!

Beat the Backlist Bingo
One Word Title- Truth by Kiki Burrelli

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
Family Ties by Susi Hawke and Crista Crown

Library Love Challenge 

My goal was 36 library books for the year. So far I’ve read 108.


Here’s what I read in September:

Selkies are a Girl’s Best Friend by Molly Harper

Shadows in Death by JD Robb 

Gifting Me to His Best Friend by Katee Robert

Her Halloween Treat by Tiffany Reisz

Her Naughty Holiday by Tiffany Reisz

One Hot December by Tiffany Reisz


Tackle My TBR Challenge

After successfully completing the Safety level last month, my new goal for the year is to read 30 Books I Own for the First Down (25-36) level. I'm happy to report that I have read 26 TBR books so far for the year! I'm so happy with my progress!
 
 
This month I read 3 books that count for this challenge but I didn't complete the challenge for September which was to read a Book That's Been on Your TBR the Longest.

 The books I read are:
Better Than People by Roan Parrish
Acsquidentally in Love by K.L. Hiers
Huntsman by Morgan Brice

How did you all do on your reading challenges this month?

and


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...