Tuesday, August 4, 2020

July Reading Challenge Recap

Oh, Summer! How we love thee! The Weres have been reading up a storm and making quite the progress on our reading challenges! We don't want to brag but we're killing it with the series and Kindle Unlimited binges this year. We sure love summer vacation times!
This is how we did in July:
Romanceopoly
Gretl
This is my second time around the board. I went back and found books for Winter and Spring that I read during those challenges but that's all that got added in July. The good news is I'm still on pace to finish by the end of the year.

Completed:
So there was this rabbit and then there was a hole. You'll see a little farther down the post.


Coming Up:
Sun Board:
➖Beau Blvd - YA by new to you author
➖Lady Lane: Women’s Fiction


Moon Board:
➖Fated Folly - Fated Mates Romance
➖The Office - Romance where the couple meet at work
➖Burger Joint - Book on Book Boyfriend List
➖Drive In Movie - MC in the film industry
➖Journey’s End - Fantasy w/ Chosen One trope

Rose Red
I’m almost done with my first trip around the board so I decided this month that I would start my second time around. This time I will be doing mostly the Sun pack except for the few where I used the Sun prompts the first time around. For those few, I'll use the Moon prompts I skipped last time. I'm going to designate my first time around as the Moon Pack board and my second as the Sun Pack board.

Completed: 
Moon Pack
✔️Summer- Read a Book Where It Has a Brightly Colored or Multicolored Cover
Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall
✔️New View- Read a Friends-to-Lovers New Adult Romance
Marriage Contract by A.J. Sherwood
✔️Library #1- Read Any Book
Cold Hard Cash by K.L. Hiers
✔️Soldier Street- Read a Book Where the H/H is in an Action Pose on the Cover
Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha


Sun Pack
✔️Amour Avenue- Read a Book With An Age Gap Romance
Hard Earned Cash by K.L. Hiers
✔️Fated Folly- Read a PNR Where the H/H is Part of a Pack/Coven/Band/Paranormal Group
Hell on Earth by Macy Blake
✔️Journey's End- Read a Fantasy Where the Main Character is a Magic User
The Capital by A.H. Lee
✔️The Office- Read a Non-Contemporary Romance Where the Couple Meet at Their Place of Work
The Empires of Luxor City by Sasha Hope
✔️Killer Crescent- Read a Thriller Where the Main Character is a Detective or PI
Devil by Silvia Violet
✔️Passion Place- Read an Erotic Romance with a Menage or Reverse Harem (Moon)
Finding Home by D.J. Heart
✔️Fang Alley- Read a PNR with a Magic User or Paranormal Creature (Not Vampire or Shifter) H/H
Archangel's Sun by Nalini Singh
✔️Emergency Service-  Read a Romance Where the H/H is in the Medical Profession
Will and Patrick Wake Up Married by Leta Blake and Alice Griffiths

Coming Up:
Moon Pack
➖City Lane- Read an Urban Fantasy Published in the Last Five Years
➖Beau Boulevard- Read a Young Adult Novel by a New-To-You Author
➖Journey's End- Read a Fantasy with the Chosen One Trope
➖The Vault- Read the PNR That Has Been on Your TBR for the Longest.
➖Campus Corner- Read a New Adult Where the H/H is a Jock

Sun Pack 
➖Outer Space- Read a Sci-Fi Set on an Alien Planet or Spaceship
➖Rainbow Row- Read a F/F Romance
➖Summer- Read a Book Where It: Has a Brightly Colored or Multicolored Cover; Has the Beach, Sand or the Sun on the Cover; Has a Summery Word in the Title; Is a Summer Holiday Read; Or All of/Any Combination/Any One of the Above! 
➖City Lane- Read an Urban Fantasy on Any of Our Urban Fantasy Recommendations Lists


Beat the Backlist
 Gretl
I’m playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 2 squares this month. 

Almost made you cry: Conspiracy in Death by JD Robb
Pink on the cover: Witness in Death by JD Robb

Rose Red
I completed 3 squares on my Bingo Board this month.

Beat the Backlist Bingo
Genre You Rarely/Never Read- Cold Hard Cash by K.L. Hiers
Own Voices Author- The Gentleman Attraction by Connor Peterson
Book with 600+ Pages- Will and Patrick Wake Up Married by Leta Blake and Alice Griffiths

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
Paws and Claws by M.A. ChurchHow to Howl at the Moon by Eli Easton
Hell on Earth by Macy Blake
Hell to Pay by Macy Blake
Give Him Hell by Macy Blake
Homerun Daddy by Liam Kingsley
Surprised Daddy by Liam Kingsley
Secret Daddy by Liam Kingsley
Doggone Daddy by Liam Kingsley
Silver Daddy by Liam Kingsley
Rescue Daddy by Liam Kingsley
Protective Daddy by Liam Kingsley
The Christmas Dragon's Mate by Silvia Violet
The Snow Dragon's Mate by Silvia Violet
The Dragon Boss by Anne Wineheart
The Boss by M.D. Gregory
The Boss's Christmas by M.D. Gregory
War's Mate by Taylor Rylan

Library Love Challenge
My goal was 36 library books for the year. In July I read 39, which makes 81 for the year so far.

This month I read:
Fallen by Rebecca Zanetti
Holiday in Death by JD Robb
Conspiracy in Death by JD Robb
Loyalty in Death by JD Robb
Witness in Death by JD Robb
Judgment in Death by JD Robb
Betrayal in Death by JD Robb
Seduction in Death by JD Robb
Purity in Death by JD Robb
Reunion in Death by JD Robb
Portrait in Death by JD Robb
Imitation in Death by JD Robb
Divided in Death by JD Robb
Visions in Death by JD Robb
Survivor in Death by JD Robb
Origin in Death by JD Robb
Born in Death by JD Robb
Innocent in Death by JD Robb
Creation in Death by JD Robb
Strangers in Death by JD Robb
Salvation in Death by JD Robb
Promises in Death by JD Robb
Kindred in Death by JD Robb
Fantasy in Death by JD Robb
Indulgence in Death by JD Robb
Treachery in Death by JD Robb
Celebrity in Death by JD Robb
Delusion in Death by JD Robb
Calculated in Death by JD Robb
Thankless in Death by JD Robb
Concealed in Death by JD Robb
Festive in Death by JD Robb
Obsession in Death by JD Robb
Devoted in Death by JD Robb
Apprentice in Death by JD Robb
Echoes in Death by JD Robb
Secrets in Death by JD Robb
Dark in Death by JD Robb
Leverage in Death by JD Robb


Tackle My TBR Challenge
After successfully completing the Safety level last month, my new goal for the year is to read 30 Books I Own for the First Down (25-36) level. I'm happy to report that I have read 18 TBR books for the year! I'm so happy with my progress!


This month I read 3 books that count for this challenge. I also completed the challenge for July which was to read a Summery Read.

 The books I read are:
Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall (Summery Read)
Deal with the Devil by Kit Rocha
Archangel's Sun by Nalini Singh

How did you all do on your reading challenges this month?

 and


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...