Friday, May 29, 2020

May Reading Challenge Recap


It seems like quarantine and social distancing is finally helping in the reading department for us Weres. We have both read a ton of books and made some excellent progress on our reading challenges this month! We hope you all are safe and reading a ton of books during this weird time!

This is how we did in May:

Romanceopoly

Gretl

Completed:
✔️Past Eaves - Historical Fiction
Blame It on the Duke by Lenora Bell
✔️Coffee Shop: 🌞Recommended by a friend
Tikka Chance on Me by Suleika Snyder
✔️Sleuth Street - 🌞Mystery w/ “Death words” in the title
Glory in Death by JD Robb
✔️Burger Joint: 🌛A Book from the Book Girlfriend List
Naked in Death by JD Robb
✔️Spring - Green/yellow/floral cover or farmer/gardener MC
A Bad Day For Sunshine by Darynda Jones
✔️The Gym: 🌛Bangin Body on cover
Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle
✔️Journey’s End: 🌞Fantasy with magic user MC
Storm of Fury by Bec McMaster
✔️Drive-in Movie: 🌛Romance develops from a one night stand
A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee
✔️Fated Folly: 🌞PNR with MC in pack/coven/group
Alpha Night by Nalini Singh

Coming Up:
I’m going to try to finish my board by the end of June. Here’s what’s left:

➖Beau Blvd - YA by new to you author
➖Lady Lane: Women’s Fiction
➖Amour Ave: Age gap/ second chance romance
➖Emergency Services: MC in medical profession
➖Campus Corner: NA w/ nerd MC
➖New View: Enemies to Lovers NA

Rose Red

School has now ended for me so my brain seems to be in "Read all the books!" mode again! I loved rereading some of my favorites like the Psy-Changeling series last month but I'm glad to be reading new books again. I killed it this month on Romanceopoly! I'm so happy to be making progress on this challenge again!

Completed:
✔️Post Office: Read an Epistolary Romance
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
✔️Killer Crescent: Read a Thriller Where's a Serial Killer on the Loose
Unholy by Morgan Brice
✔️Library #3: Read Any Book You Want
Network Effect by Martha Wells
✔️Past Eaves: Read a Historical Fiction Novel
Slippery Creatures by K.J. Charles
✔️Drive-in Movie: Read a Romance That Develops From a One Night Stand
Married to the Mobster by Leighton Greene
✔️Spring: Read a Book with Green or Yellow on the Cover
Two Rogues Make a Right by Cat Sebastian
✔️The Cobbles: Read a Historical Romance Not Set in London
Stages of the Heart by Jo Goodman

Coming Up:
➖Passion Place- Read an Erotic BDSM Romance (Sun)
I started Docile by K.M. Szpara during the readathon for this challenge. I'm listening to the audio while I cook, clean, and do yard work. I'll use it for this challenge if I don't read something else that fits the prompt before I finish it.
➖Rainbow Row - Read a M/M Romance
Next month is Pride Month so this one will be easy since I try to read mostly queer fiction exclusively in June.
➖City Lane- Read an Urban Fantasy Published in the Last Five Years
➖Lady Lane: Read a Women’s Fiction Novel
I'm planning on reading Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore for this one since I didn't get to it for last year's Romanceopoly Challenge.


Beat the Backlist

Gretl

I’m playing Beat the Backlist Bingo and filled 6 squares this month.

Own Voices Author: Tikka Chance on Me by Suleika Snyder
Wish you read sooner: Naked in Death by JD Robb
Written before 2010: Glory in Death by JD Robb
Cover Redesign is Better: Immortal in Death by JD Robb
Owned for more than 2 years: Hold Your Breath by Katie Ruggle
Title is also a song: Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle

Rose Red

I completed 4 squares on my Bingo Board this month.

Beat the Backlist Bingo
Book Rec From a Friend- Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon
Owned for Over Two Years- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
New-To-You Author- The Replacement Husband by Eliot Grayson
Wish You Had Read Sooner- A Gentleman Never Keeps Score by Cat Sebastian

Non-Bingo Backlist Books
The General's Mate by C.W. Gray
The Soldier's Mate by C.W. Gray
The Lieutenant's Mate by C.W. Gray
The Engineer's Mate by C.W. Gray
The Captain's Mate by C.W. Gray
The Rebel's Mate by C.W. Gray
Barbarian Alien by Ruby Dixon
Barbarian Lover by Ruby Dixon
Barbarian Mine by Ruby Dixon
Ice Planet Holiday by Ruby Dixon
The Reluctant Husband by Eliot Grayson
Yuletide Treasure by Eliot Grayson
The Yuletide Runaway by Eliot Grayson
Malik by Kiki Burrelli and Crista Crown
Kidnapped by the Pirate by Keira Andrews
Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha by Robin Moray
The Vampire's Omega by L.C. Davis
A Dragon's Sacred Mate by Aiden Bates and Jill Haven
Ice Planet Honeymoon: Vektal and Georgie by Ruby Dixon
Ice Planet Honeymoon: Raahosh and Liz by Ruby Dixon
Ice Planet Honeymoon: Aehako and Kira by Ruby Dixon 

Library Love Challenge

Gretl
I’ve read 27 library books so far this year on a goal of 36.

This month I read:
Naked in Death by JD Robb
Glory in Death by JD Robb
Immortal in Death by JD Robb
Fan the Flames by Katie Ruggle
Gone Too Deep by Katie Ruggle
In Safe Hands by Katie Ruggle
Run to Ground by Katie Ruggle
On the Chase by Katie Ruggle
Survive the Night by Katie Ruggle
Through the Fire by Katie Ruggle


My goal for the year is to read 12 Books I Own for the Safety level but I'm going to aim to hit the First Down (25-36) level.

Thanks to quarantine, I'm at 12 TBR books read for the year so far! I have successfully completed the Safety level already so First Down may not be all that impossible to achieve by the end of this year!


This month I read six books that count for this challenge. Unfortunately, none of these satisfy the prompt challenges for April (New-to-Me Author) or May (TV/Movie Adaptation).

 The books I read are:
A Gentleman Never Keeps Score by Cat Sebastian
Two Rogues Make a Right by Cat Sebastian
Slippery Creatures by K.J. Charles
Check, Please! Book Two: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Network Effect by Martha Wells

How did you all do on your reading challenges this month?

 and

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...