Wednesday, April 15, 2020

We Love Lists: Our Pandemic Reading


We all have our own ways of dealing with the anxiety and cabin fever we're experiencing right now. Some people are having trouble reading, but I haven't had that problem. I do have trouble concentrating long enough to write a review, but I always have trouble blogging when my kid is on break from school so that's only indirectly pandemic-related. 

What I have found though, is that I'm not interested in reading anything set in the real world. The fact that people can go out and do things is just too unrealistic right now. I did read some action-packed romantic suspense because I'm not a spy so that's nothing like real life, but mostly I'm devouring all the SciFi Romance.

Here's what the Weres have been reading lately. We hope you'll share yours in the comments.

41135438. sy475
Team 52 series by Anna Hackett
Team 52 is a spin-off of Hackett's Treasure Hunter Security series, which I loved. It features a secret black ops group charged with protecting artifacts that may have mystical properties. These are shorter novels (200-ish pages) so I read the whole series in a few days.

40597254
Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters by Katie Ruggle
I hadn't read Katie Ruggle before but this series was recommended to me for the Romantic Suspense square in Romanceopoly. I loved it! The series follows five sisters who own a bounty hunting agency. Lots of action and fun family dynamics.

43372340. sy475
Final Hour series by Juno Rushdan
This one was also recommended for the Romantic Suspense square. I read both series, which might be why I didn't get very far with Romanceopoly the last month or so. Final Hour follows members of a top secret government agency - kind of like the CIA but not just international - as they pursue terrorists and arms dealers.

50357332. sy475
Ruby Dixon
Ruby Dixon is doing a daily serial called When She Purrs on her Facebook page. After I binged the first five or so chapters, I read some of her novellas set in the same world like When She’s Married and Prison Planet Barbarians. Novellas are especially good for those of us with short attention spans right now. I think this is what started my SciFi kick.

31282859. sy475
The Jekh Saga by HE Trent
This was a social media rec (and the series was on sale!) The Jekh series follows a group of people from Earth who have moved to planet Jekh to work among the natives, who are human hybrids. They eventually work together to end the Terran oppression of the Jekhans, which is a twist on the usual alien occupation story. Most, but not all, of the books in this series are also menage romances.

40551683. sy475
The Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh
Rose Red's been re-reading the Psy-Changeling series. She says she doesn't have the brain power to read something new right now. There's also comfort in the familiar. I think it's funny that she's on the SciFi romance train with me without even trying.

What have you been reading while you're social distancing?






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...