Thursday, August 29, 2019

Review: This is How You Lose the Time War by Max Gladstone and Amal El- Mohtar


This is How You Lose the Time War
Max Gladstone and Amal El-Mohtar
Release: July 16, 2019
Goodreads Amazon
Two time-traveling agents from warring futures, working their way through the past, begin to exchange letters—and fall in love in this thrilling and romantic book from award-winning authors Amal-El Mohtar and Max Gladstone.

Among the ashes of a dying world, an agent of the Commandant finds a letter. It reads: Burn before reading.

Thus begins an unlikely correspondence between two rival agents hellbent on securing the best possible future for their warring factions. Now, what began as a taunt, a battlefield boast, grows into something more. Something epic. Something romantic. Something that could change the past and the future.

Except the discovery of their bond would mean death for each of them. There’s still a war going on, after all. And someone has to win that war. That’s how war works. Right?

Cowritten by two beloved and award-winning sci-fi writers, This Is How You Lose the Time War is an epic love story spanning time and space.
Review:
Do you ever read a book that just rocks your world and you want to get everyone you know and love to read it? That's how I feel about This is How You Lose the Time War. This book, guys! This book! It was creative and compelling as well as full of beautiful, poetic writing. It was absolutely fantastic!

I just have no clue how to review it. I've been trying to write one for this book for over two months and I just keep sitting on it. I loved the book and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I finished it. But I still can't think of any way to review it that's non-spoilery. All I can think to tell you over and over again is that it's amazing and full of time traveling romance things.

I'm floored by how much was packed into so small of a book while still being refreshingly simple. There's so many things I loved about this story that if I even start talking about one I'll spoil the whole thing. Seriously. Just go read it. Blue and Red's story is something else. If this novella gets nominated for the Hugo next year, it's the one I'll vote for because it's really that good.

This review in no way does this book justice. Just trust me and go read it. You want regret picking it up.

ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

    1/2
   4.5 / 5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...