Friday, June 28, 2019

Mid-Year 2019 Reading Challenge Recap


We can't believe 2019 is half over! But we're having a great reading year, especially when compared to the Great Reading Slump of 2018. We're focusing more on reading for fun than on reviewing and it seems to be helping.

Earlier this week we posted our favorite reads of 2019 so far. Today we're looking at our progress in our reading challenges. (Check out our goals post here.) It's not too late to join in on any of these challenges either.

Gretl

I'm happy to report that I'm already 78% to my goal of 104 books for the year. I've read 81! 

I've read 43 backlist books so far, which exceeds my goal of 24 for the entire year.
I've read 19 books for Romanceopoly so far. There are 39 squares on the board, so I'm right on track even though I didn't read any of my rolls for June yet.


2019 Library Love Challenge
I've read 20 library books so far on a goal of 12 for the year.
Check out my 2019 Library Shelf

I added this one a few weeks ago just for fun. The Ripped Bodice's Summer Romance Bingo runs from June 1 to August 31. I only have 3 squares filled in so far.


Rose Red

Like Gretl said, 2019 is so much better of a reading year than 2018 was already. This year since I'm officially done with grad school and just working I doubled my Goodreads goal this year. I have read 67 of those 104 books I set so I'm 64% done with my challenge for this year. I'm so happy with my progress!

 The goal I set for this challenge at the first of the year was to read 30 books. I've officially completed my goal by reading 37 backlist books so far. After not completing this challenge last year, it's nice to have it wrapped up already. I'm going to see how many backlist titles I can get read by the end of the year though. Check out my 2019 Beat the Backlist shelf on Goodreads to see what I read.

 I've read 24 books for Romanceopoly and completed two of the social media challenge squares. That means I've completed 26 of the 39 squares on the board, so I'm about two-thirds of the way done with the challenge. I expect my progress is going to slow down a bit in the coming months because some of the challenge squares I have left are genres/topics that I don't normally read. That being said, anyone have some good Women's Fiction recs?

How are you doing with your reading challenges so far?

 and


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...