Wednesday, May 1, 2019

We Love Lists: Books We Refuse to Let Others Touch


Do you own special editions or signed copies of books that you can't bare to even let others touch? I do, kind of. I think this a thing that only a certain subset of book nerds do and not everyone. I have friends who lend out their signed copies of books with no problem. I'm actually okay with lending out most of my books but I do have about ten that I don't let out of my sight.

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
I own one of the really hard to find hardcover editions of Moon Called and it never leaves the top shelf of the bookcase it live in. One, it's out of print and hard to find. If anything ever happens to my copy, it would be at least $80 to get a copy in half as good condition as mine.

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
I spent years searching for a copy of the Science Fiction Book Club edition of The Enchanted Forest Chronicles because it was the edition I first read. Plus, I adore the cover art. It was so hard to find! I finally found a copy about three years ago and I jealously guard my copy. It's one of the gems of my book collection.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
I didn't know this till a few years ago but most of my original hardcover Harry Potter collection are first print first editions which are hard to find in the earlier books. I don't let many people touch my hardcover Harry Potter books but I don't let anyone (not even my bestie) touch my first print first edition of Sorcerer's Stone. I could never replace it if something ever happened to it.

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
A few years ago I was given a limited edition leatherbound bind up of the Lord of the Rings trilogy from the 1970s by a family friend who was looking for a good home for their recently deceased uncle's copy. I love it so much! It's an absolutely gorgeous edition with different ink colors and the red leather and metallic embossing. I'll occasionally let someone I trust flip through it but even I don't read handle it much.

The Martian by Andy Weir
I have a signed first print first edition of The Martian that I got before it blew up in popularity. You all know that it's one of my all-time favorite books. Of course it's one of those books I don't let people touch.

Alpha & Omega: Call of the Hunt by Patricia Briggs
It's not a coincidence that some of my most treasured books are special Science Fiction Book Club editions. I adore this bind up they released a while ago of the novella and the first three Alpha & Omega books. Isn't that cover amazing!?! I love it so much!

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
This is a recent addition to my book collection but earlier this year one of my good friends found me the UK hardcover of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet in excellent condition in a thrift store in England and immediately bought it for me. These hardcover editions had a pretty limited run so I'm super grateful to have one in my possession. Plus, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Any of My Victoria/V.E. Schwab Collector's Editions
You all know that I adore Victoria's books. So it only makes sense that I hoard the collector's editions like a dragon, right?

What book do you refuse to let others touch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...