Wednesday, March 13, 2019

We Love Lists: The Unread Books That Have Been on My Bookshelves the Longest


I recently went through all of my books and did a massive culling. No. I haven't been watching Marie Kondo. I just like to go through my books every few months because I have only so much room to put books where I'm currently living. I also like to see if there are any books I'm not interested in anymore due to one reason or another. As I was going through my books this last time, I realized that I've had some of these unread books for a very long time. So I'm kind of hoping shaming myself in this post will be the motivation I need to finally get some of these read.

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
Guys. I've owned this book since I graduated high school. Back in 2005. And I still haven't read it. I know I'll love it if it's anything like the animated movie I watched while I was younger. I'm really sorry, Auntie, for not having this read yet.

Bitterblue by Krisin Cashore
I bought this on release day because I loved the first two companion novels in this trilogy. That was back in 2012. Have I ever mentioned exactly how terrible I am about finishing series?

Grave Phantoms by Jenn Bennett
I know! I am ashamed that I haven't read this yet. I just wasn't ready for the series to be over. It can never end if I never read the last book, right? This one will probably happen sooner rather than later because I really do need Astrid and Bo's story in my life.
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier
I've owned this book for so long that I don't even remember what it's about. All I can recall is that it's a Beauty and the Beast retelling.

The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic
I picked this up solely based on the fact that it's a recommended book for those who loved The Raven Boys. I bought it back in 2016 to help get over the whole The Raven Cycle left in my soul but I never got around to reading it.

Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede
Wrede was one of my favorite authors growing up and I made it my goal to get a copy of everyone of her books and read them. It took me a bit to get my hands on this book but I was able to snag one when they reissued it with new cover. That was back in 2009. I am ashamed.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I feel like everybody and their dog has read this book and I still haven't. I picked it up because so many of my friends loved it and we can see how far I got with that.

What books have been on your shelves the longest?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...