Wednesday, March 27, 2019

We Love Lists: Books I Wish I Had Read Sooner


This last week I was able to catch up with an old friend in my local Barnes & Noble and, naturally, we got to talking about all the bookish things. We talked about the books we had recently read and what books our respective book clubs were going to read in coming months. The conversation I loved the most was the one we had about books we wish we had read sooner. And I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Especially once I realized it would make a great list prompt. So we're doing this. Here's some of the books I wish I had read way sooner than I did.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
This is one of the books I want to kick myself for not reading sooner. I adore everything about this series and I can't believe I sat on this for four years before picking it up. It's one of those books I wish I could go back and read for the first time again.

Mission: Improper by Bec McMaster
I adored Bec McMaster's original London Steampunk series and when I heard she was writing a spinoff series I was ecstatic! I bought this book the day it came out and then proceeded to sit on it for three years. Why did I wait so long? My only consolation is I was able to binge read the first four books all at once.

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
I have finally read Carry On and I now I get why it gets so much hype! I adored it so much! But why did I wait four years to read it? I've owned it since it came out and I was so excited for it. I think all the hype held me back from it and I wish I hadn't let that get to me because I really needed this book in my life. Good news though! I don't have to wait as long to get my hands on the sequel because that book just vaulted up the list to take the #1 spot on my most anticipated books list.

Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett
I have owned this book for years. YEARS! And I barely picked it up towards the end of last year. Why, Past Me? WHY!?! I love urban fantasy. I love Jenn Bennett's books. So I should have been motivated to pick it up sooner. But I didn't and I want to kick Past Me. Because I loved this book and the whole series so much!

Widdershins by Jordan L. Hawk
My friend, Meaghan, recommended this series to me years ago and I barely picked it up a couple years back. I have no excuse for not picking it up sooner. I kind of forgot I had a copy until I stumbled across it on my kindle. I loved this so much!

Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh
You know that book series that everyone recommends when you ask for recs for a certain genre and you haven't read it. That's what the Psy-Changeling series was for me for years. It's weird to think about especially since it has become one of my favorite series ever. But I totally put this series off for so many years and I wish I hadn't. I'm glad to have it in my life now though.

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
This one is kind of a shock, right? I had read and adored the Mercy Thompson books for years before I finally picked up this companion series. I picked it up right before Dead Heat came out. I'm so ashamed! I have no idea why I waited so long but it is what it is. I'm just glad that I finally got around to reading it.

What book do you wish you had read way sooner than you actually did?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...