Friday, January 4, 2019

Weres Wanna Know: Is the First Book You Read Each Year Important?


One of my favorite sayings is Begin As You Mean To Go On and I don't know about you but my January will set the mood for the whole rest of the year. This is especially true when it comes to my reading. If I read a ton of good books in January, I usually have a great reading year. See how I said usually there? 2018 is the exception because I started out last year great and then things went into a steep reading decline.

But 2018 is over! And I find myself with a dilemma. Coming out of the Year of the Great Reading Slump, I really, really want 2019 to be a better reading year so I know that the first book I read this year is going to be important. This book is going to set the tone of my whole reading year so I want it to be something I'm going to love.

Some friends and I have been discussing what books we're going to read first and I'm conflicted on what to pick. And of course, each of my friends has a different method they recommend. One of my friends is going to read a new book by one of their favorite authors and I have another one who is going to reread an old favorite. Then I have the Bestie who is going to binge read a bunch of manga to start off his reading year.

I don't know what to choose and it's a problem. Hopefully, the book I choose will be amazing and will set me up for a good reading year. I'm also open to recommendations if you want to suggest books for me to pick up. :)

Does the first book you read in January set the tone for the whole year?
How do you choose what you're going to read?


We’re participating in the 2019 Discussion Challenge hosted by It Starts at Midnight and Feed Your Fiction Addiction. Check out all the January discussions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...