Friday, December 14, 2018

Weres Wanna Know: When do you give up on your reading goal?




If you've been following the blog lately you've probably heard about our reading slumps. Mine started in July! I've lowered my Goodreads goal twice in the last few months and I still may not make it.

I joined Goodreads in 2012 and that year I read more than 250 books. (I was home with a newborn and hadn't started reviewing yet.) I binged the Fever series and Psy-Changelings that year. It was awesome! I haven't come close to that number since and the last two years I've lowered my goal in the middle of the year, but I've never ended up under 100. I’m currently at 66. Who am I right now?

But that's not the only way I'm failing 2018. I'm 5 books short of my goal for the Beat the Backlist challenge with 2 weeks to go. How hard is it to read old books? Especially when I restarted my Kindle Unlimited in November. I could find an older series to binge or a bunch of novellas. But what am I doing? Watching Hallmark movies and NCIS reruns.

We also made year end TBRs last month. (Check those out here and here.) I tried to be realistic when I made my list but I've only read one of the ten books so far. At this point I really can't even.

I have some Big Ideas about how I’m going to be a more balanced and organized reader next year. (That might be an upcoming post.) I'm thinking I should just forget about this year and start reading my 2019 ARCs.

So I wanna know:

When do you give up on your reading goal?



We’re participating in the 2018 Discussion Challenge hosted by It Starts at Midnight and Feed Your Fiction Addiction. Go check out all the December discussions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...