Wednesday, September 26, 2018

We Love Lists: Books I Haven't Read Yet By My Favorite Authors


I'm well known for being a hoarder of books. Just look at my unread physical TBR. What isn't known about me is that I tend to save at least one book by my favorite authors to read if I ever need a pick me up or a book I'll know I'll love. I have a legit fear of never getting more books from my faves. Does anyone else do this? I blame Robin McKinley for this trauma as I've been waiting for Ebon for years. I also have a problem with finishing series. I have a quite a few last books in series I need to read on my shelves.

When I saw this week's Top Ten Tuesday topic I knew I needed to share a list of my own. These are some of the books by my favorite authors that I still need to read.

 
1. Chainbreaker by Tara Sim
I am so scared to read this book because of everything I've heard about the ending. It's going to hurt me and I'm not ready for that book trauma. I'm saving this one closer to when the last book comes out.


2. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
 This is one of the series enders I was talking about earlier. I know I'm going to love it because it's a Schwab book but I'm also scared as hell of this book. It's going to hurt me and I'm not ready for those feels.

 
3. The Hob's Bargain by Patricia Briggs
I actually have a lot of Patricia Briggs' older fantasy books on my TBR but The Hob's Bargain is her Beauty and the Beast retelling and I still can't believe I haven't read it. I think it's a case of me being distracted by all of my new shiny books.
 
 
4. Of Noble Family by Mary Robinette Kowal
I actually have several Mary books to read on my shelves but I haven't been able to bring myself to read this one because I'm not ready for the series to end. I just need more Jane and Vincent adventures in my life.

 
5. Grave Phantoms by Jenn Bennett
I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read Astrid and Bo's book yet even though I'm still super excited for it. I think the reason I haven't read it yet is that it's another series I love that I don't want to see end. If I never read the last book, it's not over, right?
 
 
6. Winter by Marissa Meyer
This is less of a "I'm saving this because I don't want to be out of this author's books" and more of a "I need to reread the rest of the series before this one because I can't remember everything that happened before it".

 
7. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
I have no idea why I haven't read this yet but it's sat on my shelves for years even though I bought it the day it came out. I'm kind of embarrassed I haven't read it yet.


8. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I keep saving this book to read and November and never get around to reading it. I'm going to try again this year so let's see how that goes.
 
 
9. Balefire by Jordan L. Hawk
I am so excited for this book but I can't bring myself to read it and be out of Whyborne and Griffin books again. I'm sure I'll read it soon though because I can't resist this series for long.
 
 
10. Mission: Improper by Bec McMaster
I adored the original London Steampunk series and I'm really excited to read this spinoff series. I just haven't picked them up yet. I know when I do I'll binge read all the available books in the series.

What books by your favorite authors have you not read?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...