Thursday, August 23, 2018

We Love Lists: 10 Things to Watch After To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before


Like everyone else in my Twitter feed, I watched To All The Boys I've Loved Before over the weekend. It left me with such a warm fuzzy feeling that I wanted to keep binging Rom Coms all night. But I had a hard time deciding what to watch next. (I wound up with Drive Me Crazy, which wasn't as good as I remembered.)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before Poster

Here are some other suggestions for everyone else in the same boat:

Sixteen Candles Poster
Sixteen Candles
If you just can't leave the movie behind yet, you can imagine Lara Jean and Kitty explaining it to Peter while you watch. You could even do the double feature with Fight Club, but it might kill your rom com buzz. Or if you want to explore the history of Asian rep, watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s next. Though Mickey Rooney will probably kill your buzz too.
They're all available on Amazon

What's Your Number? Poster
What’s Your Number?
Because Anna Farris’s apartment is just as envy-inducing as Lara Jean’s room. (I really want to paint one of my walls blue now!) It also involves revisiting old boyfriends, much like Lara Jean’s letters. And oh yeah, Chris Evans.
Rent it on Amazon

Love, Simon Poster
Love, Simon
This one seems like an obvious choice since it's a recent release, and I would have watched it immediately after TATBILB but it's not on Netflix yet. I'll watch it as soon as it is though.
Rent it on Amazon 

Selfie Poster
Selfie
I rewatched this series recently - you can do it in one day since they only made 13 episodes. I loved it even more the second time! It's a slow burn opposites attract romance. You'll spend the whole season rooting for them to get together.
Watch it on Hulu

If you want more fake relationship Rom Coms, all of these are available to rent on Amazon:

10 Things I Hate About You Poster
10 Things I Hate About You
Possibly the best of the 90's high school movies. Julia Stiles pretends to date Heath Ledger so that her younger sister will be allowed to date too. I love all the Shakespeare references too.

While You Were Sleeping Poster
While You Were Sleeping
I usually say this is my favorite Christmas movie. Sandra Bullock says she's engaged to comatose Peter Gallagher in order to visit him in the hospital and gets adopted by his family.

Picture Perfect Poster
Picture Perfect
One of my favorite movies that no one's seen. Ad exec Jennifer Aniston hires a boyfriend to help her get a promotion.

Rose Red has some recs for Contemporary Rom Com anime:

Horimiya
Horimiya is a quintessential cute high school romance anime set that centers around a secret relationship. With only three episodes, it makes for a quick binge watch.

Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Wotakoi is a great office romance anime between a bunch of otaku (aka nerds). It was so fun to see a romance anime that's set outside of high school. I found so much about it super relatable.
Watch on Amazon Prime.

Recovery of an MMO Junkie
This anime is a fun gamer romance and it is absolutely delightful! The whole online gaming and meeting your online friends in real life aspect added some great moments.
Stream it on Crunchyroll.

Do you have a Rom Com rec?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...