Wednesday, July 18, 2018

What I've Recently Added to My TBR #1



One of my favorite types of blog posts/booktube videos/Bookstagram posts are book hauls. I love seeing the books my friends and fellow book lovers are buying. And let's be honest, I love finding new books to buy and add to my personal library. I know that I frequently talk about my physical TBR pile and how I want to make it smaller but I really haven't specifically talked about the books I add to it outside of the book haul pics we put in our monthly wrap-up posts. 

I've wanted to figure out how to do a book haul that's not a book haul post and I've finally decided how to do it! What I've Recently Added to My TBR is going to be a new type of list post that I'll be doing periodically on the blog where I'll list the last ten books I've physically bought and added to my TBR pile. Sounds fun, right? I'm really excited to be sharing this list with you all because I adore talking about books and what I've recently bought. So let's talk about the books I've recently added to my collection!


Balefire by Jordan L. Hawk
The Whyborne & Griffin series became an autobuy series for me last before I had even gotten halfway through my binge read of the first nine books. I love the romance between Whyborne and Griffin and the adventures and the magic and CHRISTINE! Okay. I just really love everything about this series so of course I had to buy a physical copy of the next book. I'm so excited to read this soon!

Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
 I received an eARC of this book for review and I enjoyed it enough to buy a copy for my personal collection. Plus, the cover is super badass and shiny! If you want to know more of my thoughts, you can read my review here.


The Burning Maze by Rick Riordan
I can't help but collect all of Rick Riordan's books. I haven't started The Trials of Apollo series yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to love them since I've adored everything else Uncle Rick has written.


The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
I pre-ordered this book as soon as I heard it was a Lady Astronaut of Mars prequel and I am so here for this alt-history space race book. Plus, that cover is amazing!


A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe by Alex White
I hadn't even heard of this book until some of my friends started gushing about it on Goodreads. My friend, Crini, sold it to me as:
"Take A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, replace the alien crew members by humans (but keep it diverse and queer AF) and add lots and lots of action AND ALSO MAGIC and you've got A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe.

This found-family/anti-hero squad of space witches takes you on one hell of a ride, FEELS and sexual tension galore included."
 I was immediately sold on it as soon as she said SPACE WITCHES!


Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews
Me buying this book is not a surprise at all is it? I got to read an eARC of this and I loved it so much! I'm still trying to figure out what black magic Ilona Andrews used to get me to like Hugh d'Ambray but I am completely here for his new series because him and Elara are EVERYTHING! If you want to know more of my thoughts, you can find my review here.


Running with Lions by Julian Winters
My best friend made me buy a copy of this for myself as soon as he finished reading because it's amazing. My bestie and I rarely differ in our opinions of books so I bought it. All I know is that it's a very queer sports romance by a queer author that gave the bestie a "huge Haikyu! crossed with Fence vibe" and I'm here for it based on that alone.


Ocean Light by Nalini Singh
Yet another book purchase that will surprise none of you. I've adored the whole Psy-Changeling series and Ocean Light was not an exception. Bowen Knight's book was everything I wanted it to be and more! If you want to know more of my thoughts, you can read my review here.


Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku, Vol. 2 by Fujita
One of my favorite animes I've watched this year has been Wotakoi and it quickly became one of my new favorite new manga series as soon as a read the first volume. I couldn't wait to get my hands on volume two which is a bind-up of the third and fourth Japanese volumes! I am so read to see what kind of shenanigans my favorite otaku get up to in this volume.


From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon
I loved Sandhya Menon's debut, When Dimple Met Rishi, so I just had to pick up her sophomore novel. This books sounds amazing and I'm so excited to read it and find out more about Twinkle!

What books have you bought recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...