Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Most Intimidating Books on My TBR


I'm just coming out of a major book slump and I've been thinking a lot about the books I have hanging out on my physical TBR pile. Part of that has been because I've recently moved my books into one of the empty rooms in our house and I'm setting up my own personal library. I never realize just how many books I own until I start moving them around. It's been good because this move inspired me to cull my books a bit and I got rid of a few. While I was going through everything, I came across some books that I'm honestly intimidated by and I keep putting of reading them because of it. So I decided to make a post about them. Some of them are intimidating because of their size. Others because of the hype around them. Let's talk about some of the books I'm scared of.


Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
This book is literally a behemoth. It's huge. I'm not normally intimidated by large books but I am of all 1289 pages of this one. Why? Because it's a Sanderson book and my feels are going to be pulled through the wringer again. I'm going to read this but not anytime soon I think. I need to talk myself into first.


Winter by Marissa Meyer
I'm starting to realize that I am terrible at reading the last books in series especially if I adored the previous books. Winter has turned into one of those for me. I was so excited for it to come out and then I started hearing mixed things about it so I keep putting it off. Now, I need to reread the previous books because I can't remember everything. It's a vicious cycle.


Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
When I ask for sci-fi references, this is always the first book people recommend to me. It is loved by a lot of people and has a lot of hype surrounding it because of the tv show. I'm scared to read it for that fact. The sad thing is that I'm pretty sure that I'm going to love it once I finally let myself sit down with it.


The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
There is so much hype surrounding this book and I've heard nothing but great things about it. Plus, it's been blurbed by Robin McKinley which automatically increases the hype for me by like ten times. I've been a black sheep on several really hyped fantasy this year already so I'm scared to read it and not like it.


Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Remember me saying I'm terrible at reading the last books in series? I haven't been able to bring myself to read this one because I'm still not ready to say goodbye to the Graceling world six years later.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Yes. I'm scared of the perpetual book club book. I am kind of ashamed I haven't read this yet because I've been a member of five different book clubs who have all had it as one of their monthly books. It's one of my Mom and Grandma's favorite books. I'm kind of scared that I won't love it as much as everyone else so I just keep avoiding it. One of these days I'm going to make myself read it.


Chainbreaker by Tara Sim
This is still one of my most anticipated books of this year but I am scared of it. I know it's going to emotionally wreck me and I'm not ready for that when I still have months to wait for the next book. I'm going to read it this year but it'll probably be December because the fear of this one is real.


The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
This book is Maggie's most hyped and beloved book after her Raven Cycle series and I'm scared to read it. One, I know it's going to make me emotional. Her Raven Cycle books did. And two, I have so many friends who, for them, this is their favorite Stiefvater book. The bar is set high with this one and I'm just not ready to see if it's going to met my expectations yet.


Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab
Just like with Chainbreaker, I'm scared of the emotions this book will make me feel. I bawled so many times reading This Savage Song and I've heard this one hits you even more in the feels. I'm not emotionally ready for it yet.

What is the most intimidating book on your TBR?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...